Action Point Actions?

Starglim

Explorer
1) Gain an extra action (attack, move or minor). Some feats and abilities give you extra benefits when you do this.
2) Anything else that a particular paragon path ability or feat allows you to do. For example, the Arcane Mastery feat allows you to spend an action point to regain a daily spell.

Last edited:

Gruns

Explorer
Well, mostly...

1) Gain an extra action (attack, move or minor). Some feats and abilities give you extra benefits when you do this.
2) Anything else that a particular paragon path ability or feat allows you to do. For example, the Arcane Mastery feat allows you to spend an action point to regain a daily spell.

Starglim was mostly right, but maybe not very clear with answer 1. You simply gain an extra Standard action. This is usually going to be an attack, but if you want you can downgrade it to a Move action or even a Minor if you feel so inclined. So the simple answer is "anything you can do with a Standard action".

As for answer 2, quite a few magic items also let you gain some benefit instead of gaining the extra Standard Action.

All in all, Action Points probably aren't as complicated as you may think.
Later!
Gruns

Starglim

Explorer
Starglim was mostly right, but maybe not very clear with answer 1. You simply gain an extra Standard action. This is usually going to be an attack, but if you want you can downgrade it to a Move action or even a Minor if you feel so inclined. So the simple answer is "anything you can do with a Standard action".

It's practically the same (I can't see a situation where it would make a difference), but see page 286.

As for answer 2, quite a few magic items also let you gain some benefit instead of gaining the extra Standard Action.

I thought that might be so earlier as well, but I wouldn't say "quite a few". It's not mentioned as a use of action points in the Player's Handbook and that book has no items with the ability you mentioned. The only ones I can see in Adventurer's Vault are veteran's armor, ring of spell storing, talisman of fortune and gem of valor. The baldric of valor gives you extra benefits when you use an action point in the standard way. The charm of abundant action allows you to spend an action point even if you have already spent one in the encounter. The symbol of victory and violet solitaire give extra action points.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases