Star Wars: Republic and Empire (IC)

possum

First Post
Wonder who that is, Rosa thinks as her cabin door chimes. As far as she knew, none of her family was supposed to be anywhere close to her. The newly promoted woman walks to the door and answers it.

drothgery

First Post
"Thank you sir. I'll try not to be too Corellian for you to handle." the young woman replied the ghost of a smirk on her lips. She was wearing a flightsuit in the colors of the Corellian Expeditionary Force attached to the 3rd Fleet, and had a helmet tucked under her left arm.

"Not my problem. I'm sure Lt. Gelian can handle a pilot after his own heart." Cmdr. Cyn said. Gellian had come over with Cyn from the light cruiser Tatooine, where Cyn was exec and Gellian a flight leader -- it was almost a lateral move to their new jobs, except that Taelros was one of the first ships of a new class.

[sblock=Starship names]
Generally, Republic battleships are named after ideals -- Freedom, Justice, etc. Heavy cruisers are generally generals and admirals -- one is the Admiral Ackbar. Light cruisers are generally planets. And frigates can be anything, but are usually named after non-flag officers of distinction.
[/sblock]

Shalimar

First Post
"Lt. Gelian can you tell me about the Squadron? Our designation... my designation and wing? I'd also like to go over my fighter if I can, hate to trust my life to a ship I haven't looked over and a crew I haven't met...not that I would expect anything but perfect condition from a Republic fighter but..." Istara trailed off with a shrug, there was a limit to bravado, and if she was going to get herself dead, the Corellian in her wanted it to be because the other guy was just that good, not because a part hadn't been serviced.

"I'd also like to start getting checked out on my fighter if you'll authorize some flight time for me."

OOC: Persuasion = 20 (Taking 10) to build up some good will for this if needed.

drothgery

First Post
"Lt. Gelian can you tell me about the Squadron? Our designation... my designation and wing? I'd also like to go over my fighter if I can, hate to trust my life to a ship I haven't looked over and a crew I haven't met...not that I would expect anything but perfect condition from a Republic fighter but..." Istara trailed off with a shrug, there was a limit to bravado, and if she was going to get herself dead, the Corellian in her wanted it to be because the other guy was just that good, not because a part hadn't been serviced.

"Sorry to disappoint you, but we're just F187.2 right now. New group, new fighters, half of them seem to be just out of school, and no one's had too much to drink one night and named the squad yet. Unless one of the kids managed to behind my back." The Twi'lek said. If you knew anything about Twi'leks, you'd guess he was in his mid to late thirties, which was a bit old to be a Lt., especially in the New Republic Navy. But something about him said there was a story behind that.

"Shorhynn keeps shooting ideas down." One of the pilots volunteered.

[sblock=Shryiiwook]
"Then come up with something fit for warriors."
[/sblock] A Wookiee standing next to a P-Wing, presumably Shorhynn, roared.

Shayuri

First Post
"I figure we'll find our names when we've seen action," Zenith volunteers, a little shy in the unexpected presence of another Jedi. Though she hadn't thought of it that way, she'd come to rather enjoy the sense of 'mystique' that surrounded her as a Jedi, even if she didn't really encourage it. Now that bubble was burst, and the game was over. Ah well.

"True names are earned, not just randomly picked."

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Storm taps a datapad thoughtfully with his claw and snarls at it couple of times. "I'll revise tomorrow's schedule in the evening. I think we can reassing a part of every shift to do extra missile drills. Now if you'll excuse me ma'am, I'd like to go and evaluate the performance of the current shift."

[sblock=OOC]Need to ask another question about ranks. If I understood correctly, Storm is in charge of the day to day activity of the gunnery stations, taking care that each station is manned, looking over shoulders during drills etc.? And drawing up schedules for superiors to accept :D. And ofcourse being part of one shift himself 'cause he likes to take active part of manning the stations.[/sblock]

Shalimar

First Post
"I can agree with that sentiment." Istara tells the wookie, although unable to do so in his own language, she understands the barks and growls of the language readliy enough. She looks back at the Squadron commander.

"We're not even one of the standard designations like Gray Squadron or Green Squadron? Guess that they really wanted to give you an open field to name us." the Corellian mused, giving some of the standard names that new squadrons used before choosing their final designation.

"What are the flight assignments? Wing pairs and three flights of four fighters or 4 flights of shield trios? And which flight am I with?"

drothgery

First Post
"We're not even one of the standard designations like Gray Squadron or Green Squadron? Guess that they really wanted to give you an open field to name us." the Corellian mused, giving some of the standard names that new squadrons used before choosing their final designation.

"I don't like going by numbers either, but you have to understand the scale we're working on here. Consider that every frigate has a fighter squadron. Every light cruiser has three squadrons. Every heavy cruiser has six. Every battleship has twelve. And with three battleships, 9 heavy cruisers, 27 light cruisers, and 81 frigates in a standard Republic fleet, that means there are 252 starfighter squadrons just in Third Fleet. And that's not counting your mother's task force -- which is about half the deployable strength of the Corellian Navy, but it's about 1/3rd of a New Republic Fleet."

"What are the flight assignments? Wing pairs and three flights of four fighters or 4 flights of shield trios? And which flight am I with?"

"Has to be four trios, doesn't it? We need the P-Wings in groups of at least three to threaten anything bigger than a gunboat. You're with Zenith and me in the lead flight. Don't let it get to your head." He said.

G

Guest 11456

When Sarcia and the engineering rating she was working with were just about done solving his problems with a power coupling, she got yet another page. This one was from the captain, though. Commander Cyn wanted her to show the new exec around the ship, and give an overview of what it could do.

Sarcia sighed. The last thing she needed was to play tour guide to the new exec. But it did come from the commander so she would make the best of it. She made her way to the exec's quarters and rang the door chime.

Wonder who that is, Rosa thinks as her cabin door chimes. As far as she knew, none of her family was supposed to be anywhere close to her. The newly promoted woman walks to the door and answers it.

Sarcia saluted. "Lieutenant Targon reporting at Commander Cyn's request!" She notes the shiny new lieutenant commander's insignia. "I believe I am to give the lieutenant commander a tour of the ship and an overview of her capabilites!" She continues to hold the salute until Lieutenant Commander Merridon returns the salute.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases