The Long Arm of Lauto 1: Algarezh Hoofchew - Page 10





  1. #91
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    covaithe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    4,971
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore covaithe
    ooc: I'd like clarification on who is where, too, please. As for IC being down... well, it goes down sometimes, usually not for this long, though. You can either use another online die roller with the ability to verify results, such as OpenRoleplaying.org - Gaming Tools, or just tell me your total bonus and trust me to roll a d20 when I get my hands on one, or just wait.
    My games

    Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

 

  • #92
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    ukingsken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Valley, NS, Canada
    Posts
    738
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ukingsken
    OOC
    That was my first impulse as well just wanted to make sure as I have had some pbp dm's who prefer the opposite. Personally it would drive me insane.
    2+2=4 Fate is certain.
    LEB Judge Circa 2009

    My Chracters
    L4W Characters

    Vashik One Eye
    Verrigath Hazzire (Pending Approval)

    LEB Characters

    Cleaver d'Deneith

    Other Characters

    Orim Tyudik


  • #93
    ooc
    The obvious group is Raiyek, Kilbeth, Larin, and now that we have a 2nd defender, Kruk.


    Kilbeth moves as quickly as quiet steps would allow him, through the streets. As he gets a better view of the area, he tries to spot out any groups of unpleasant orcs that are moving in tandem.
    Rolls
    Since invisible castle is down, I'll just post my bonuses here.
    +7 to Stealth (For stealthing behind meren)
    +9 to Perception (For the skill challenge: Kilbeth is trying to spot out any groups of orcs that look especially seedy, and that are moving together.)

    Stealth is void since Kilbeth is with the obvious group, and invisiblecastle is back up!
    1d20 9=15
    Last edited by LightRailCoyote; Friday, 12th December, 2008 at 01:17 AM. Reason: invisible castle back up!
    ~The malls are the soon to be ghost towns, well so long, farewell, goodbye...

    Kilbeth Serral, Minotaur Ranger 1: Living 4e

  • #94
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    41
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Brutoni
    Merenwen saw the main group enter the town, selecting the most shaded parts and buildings of the town she merged into the shadows, moving slowly to keep behind and to the side of the main group. As more fuss was made while they asked some of the locals about the location of the orc she studied any creatures on the edge of the group. Looking for any signs of the main group picking up a tail.


    OOC

    Okay i'm behind and to the left hand side of the group, not close enough to listen but close enough to see any tailers they may pick up. About 12 squares from the group.

    Since invisible castle is still down my dice roll modifiers are
    +10 to stealth,
    +10 to perception

  • #95
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Shell Knob, MO
    Posts
    153
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore balth
    Quote Originally Posted by balth View Post
    Balth continues pacing his movement to keep ahead of the party as they move towards the settlement. With the amount of buildings and alleys, it's fairly easy to take up a new position unseen and then move on.

    He watches the Dwarf approach Raiyek, and draws his bow, but Raiyek seems to know the fellow. He seems to be filling him in on whatever their plan was. That's good, another for our ranks, it would appear. He lowered his bow, and watched the group of easily-noticed individuals walk up and boisterously start inquiring about Hoofchew.

    Ah, throw the bird to lure the wolf.


    Balth quickly started scanning the crowd, looking for those who would be paying a keen ear to the inquiries.
    Description and Rolls
    Balth is attempting to stay 10-12 squares ahead of the obvious group, to the northeast.

    +11 to Perception for the Skill Challenge
    +10 to Stealth for staying hidden


  • #96
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,542
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sessadore View Post
    "There you are, Kruk! I was beginning to wonder what happened to you. In any case, I'm glad you're here now. What we're planning to do is ..."

    Good to have you, Dimsdale! Now that we have Kruk, it might be a good idea to have Kilbeth join the archers in Stealth. That way they have some melee help if they need it, like we were planning before. I think Kruk should be in the obvious party - I doubt he could be any other way [/sblock]
    "At your service Raiyek and a hearty hello to all I haven't met here," Kruk says as he looks at the others, nodding his head to each. Kruk seems intent with sticking with the main group, surveying the crowd of buyers and sellers.

  • #97
    OOC
    Sorry for the long delay. I typically check in the morning and in the night or sometimes just one of those times.

    So...it looks like my absence caused me to be pushed into the not obvious group. I guess no one looked at my skill lists [-1 wisdom and only +1 cha]haha. Not sure how to contribute effectively to the skill challenge but I'll give it a go..

    Invisible castle is down: Streetwise Check: +1 ....*crosses fingers*


    Les stays ahead of the group, moving in and out of shops and among the crowd. She mingles with the children and lets a little girl play with her braids. She does her best to blend in easily. The streets remind her of the streets in the Nest and bring a sour smile to her gaunt face.

    While walking around, Les listens to rumors and eavesdrops on conversations. She makes a few inquiries and tries to steer conversations to sightings of orcs in the area or of any suspicious activity.

  • #98
    OOC: oops! Covaithe - sorry about the foreign post; I was showing Dimsdale invisiblecastle linking and inadvertantly posted under my account...

    ...the rolls below are Kruk's!

    OOC: invisiblecastle is functioning...

    OOC: Kruk makes a perception check to notice if other patrons are taking an interest in the proceedings or are staring a little too long at the inquiry.

    Rolls

    Perception -> 1d20+2 = 14
    Last edited by Vlastos; Friday, 12th December, 2008 at 01:21 AM.

  • #99
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,542
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    OCC This is true...sorry about the mix up.

  • #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sessadore View Post
    ooc
    Just to be clear, what exactly are the groups we've split into? My understanding is:

    Obvious: Raiyek, Kruk, Vashik, Larinza (and possibly Kilbeth??)
    Not obvious, but not hidden: Les, Cross, ??
    Hiding: Balth, Meren (and possibly Kilbeth??)

    Does that sound about right? I'm not sure where Kilbeth decided to go.
    OOC answer
    Your breakdown sounds about right to me, I was planning to be in the not obvious group... but I'd figured that the non-obvious group would be in place first to be able to gauge people's reactions to the obvious group.

    Maybe our plan was just too fiendishly clever for our own good.


    As Les is moving through the crowd, seeking information about orc activity in the area, Cross is shadowing the gith...
    stealth
    1d20+3=15 Roll Lookup

    ...listening to her interactions, and gauging peoples' reactions to her.
    insight
    1d20+8=22 Roll Lookup
    Last edited by SeaPainter; Friday, 12th December, 2008 at 03:55 AM.
    Mini Stat

    Cross- Male Tiefling Wizard 1
    Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 18
    AC:15, Fort:12, Reflex:14, Will:14 -- Speed:6
    Fire Resistance/5
    HP:25/25, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:5/8
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    Powers-
    Blood Hunt (+1 vs bloodied foes)
    Magic Missle
    Scorching Burst
    Ghost Sound
    Light
    Mage Hand
    Prestidigitation
    Burning Hands
    Infernal Wrath
    Flaming Sphere

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 322
      Last Post: Thursday, 6th May, 2010, 10:02 PM
    2. The Temple of Lauto
      By covaithe in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 100
      Last Post: Thursday, 21st January, 2010, 05:03 PM
    3. The Long Arm of Lauto:Broken Wards (DM:Ukingsken)
      By ukingsken in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 281
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th September, 2009, 06:38 AM
    4. Hoofchew: Behind the scenes
      By covaithe in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: Monday, 9th March, 2009, 11:51 PM
    5. long long post about my system of choice problem...
      By Spell in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 45
      Last Post: Wednesday, 28th September, 2005, 09:44 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •