The Long Arm of Lauto 1: Algarezh Hoofchew

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Tactically, I like the idea of having one warlord with the obvious group and the other with the rest, but I'm just not sure how we can pull it off and keep the non-obvious group from sticking out. One warlord is wearing chainmail and has a shield, the other has yellow skin and a pointy head ;) Whatever you guys think best. Raiyek will have to be in the obvious group.

As for party composition, I also noticed that I'm the only defender. The problem I see with that is that typically I can only have one marked enemy at a time, so I won't be able to cover for everyone. (Really glad I took Piercing Smite though! 4 adjacent enemies marked on a hit!) Hopefully Kilbeth and our two lady warlords will be enough of an extra melee presence to keep the wizards and archers free to do their work.[/sblock]
"Good ideas Meren. I agree that I should be in the obvious group, since I'll probably stick out anyway. Perhaps we could split the last two melee warriors between the obvious group and the other group? Having you," nodding to Kilbeth, "with me would make sense - you look tough, and those swords of yours can't help but attract attention if you are seen. Anyway, I'll let the rest of you sort out who's going with which group, and how many groups we'll form."

"I suppose we should wait to act until Balth gets back, though, if only so he knows the plan. Where did he go anyway?"

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
"Well I presume, I should go in the 'obvious' group. It seems to me to be the best use of my abilities. My armor makes me stand out anyways. Les if you could guard the wizards, not to say your appearance is anything boring but your not carrying a sword and thus possibly not seen as a immediate threat."

balth

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I think it sounds like a fine plan, and i'm sure the DM will gleefully throw every wrench he can into it, and I expect nothing less :D With the number of strikers/control we have, we shouid be able to handle most of what these lower levels throw at us, especially if we can herd them.

I would think keeping the archers hidden as much as possible would be a wise idea; so I would think I would fall in the 'not-obvious' party.

Besides, gives me a chance to shoot at the shiny elf ;) I mean AT the ENEMIES near the shiny elf, sorry that's what I meant. really. ;)[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
[sblock=OOC]I think it sounds like a fine plan, and i'm sure the DM will gleefully throw every wrench he can into it, and I expect nothing less :D With the number of strikers/control we have, we shouid be able to handle most of what these lower levels throw at us, especially if we can herd them.

I would think keeping the archers hidden as much as possible would be a wise idea; so I would think I would fall in the 'not-obvious' party.

Besides, gives me a chance to shoot at the shiny elf ;) I mean AT the ENEMIES near the shiny elf, sorry that's what I meant. really. ;)[/sblock]
Hoooo boy, don't think you want to do that :p Raiyek would be all over you like a bear on honey - you can run, but you can't hide ...

On a serious note, I think having the archers hide is likely a good idea too. More likely to underestimate us if some of the group isn't even visible, and opening with CA is just nice ;)
[/sblock]

SeaPainter

First Post
Cross takes a thoughtful drag on his smoke, and looks over the party with an assessing eye as he exhales...

"I was thinking of an approach similar to the one that the Good Knight has proposed," he gives Raiyek a nod of respect after saying it "but I would, however, recomend that we stagger the arrival of our 'advance parties' so that we don't seem to be together."
He pauses to give a chance for everyone to think this over. "Perhaps a couple of us should head out now..."

LightRailCoyote

First Post
In response to Cross, Kilbeth pushes off the wall he was leaning on. "Well, I guess we can go now. No sense in hanging around longer. Raiyek, Larin, you coming?"

covaithe

Explorer
The walk is not far, and the bartender's directions prove accurate. The bulk of the party pauses on Warbray Mews while the three rangers scout ahead.

(ooc: Can I have stealth rolls for Merenwen and Kilbeth as well, please?)

Overgrowth is not quite as green as its name suggests, and at first glance, it doesn't seem quite as run-down as you had been given to understand. The main street leads north for perhaps half a mile before curving to the west out of sight, and along it, the buildings all appear to be more or less structurally sound, if poorly maintained. Halfling and human children chase each other around the street, laughing and giggling while playing games that would be considered full-scale brawls if adults did the same. There are several storefronts; baskets of fruit and cheese and bread in recessed enclosures beneath wooden awnings. City guards patrol the streets.

All in all, it looks much like a normal neighborhood at first glance. A second glance shows subtle but significant differences: The children are dressed in rags, if at all, and their chase leads into alleys where more severely ruined buildings can be seen. The awnings of the storefronts are heavy wooden planks that can be lowered and barred at night. The guards move in pairs, never far apart, and do not go into the alleyways.

Away from the main streets, the veneer of normality disappears. Most buildings are ruined, nearly a quarter of them collapsed completely into piles of rubble, blocking some lanes and opening paths through to other streets. The buildings that remain are often crudely repaired, or braced against collapse with scavenged parts, or simply three walls and a bit of roof against the wind. Windows are either boarded up or hollow; there is no glass to be seen. The heavy growth of vines that gives the area its name, ivy and wisteria and nameless choking weeds, is more prevalent here. Nearly every building has a tracery of clinging green, and for some of them, it seems that the vines are all that hold them together. The children still play here, their chase taking on a dizzying acrobatic quality as they clamber up networks of vines and leap through open upper-story windows before emerging three houses away on a different street.

Overgrowth is clearly a large area with a complex community. It will take some work to find a specific orc here!

[sblock=Skill challenge time!]Goal: find Hoofchew.

Complexity 5 (12 successes before 6 failures).
Primary skills: Diplomacy, Intimidate, Streetwise, Insight, Perception
Secondary skills, used to give a bonus to the next primary skill check: Anything else, so long as you give a plausible explanation of how it helps.

DCs for primary skill checks are 15, and I reserve the right to apply circumstance modifiers. Secondaries I'll assign DCs on the fly based on what you try to do.

Initiative doesn't matter, since you can delay freely, but everyone has to act once each round.
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=Dimsdale]I need you to post for Kruk by the end of the first skill challenge round, if you're still in for this. If I don't hear from you by the time it goes around, well, maybe next time.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases