Forked Thread: Red Hand of Doom 4.0

CapnZapp

Legend
Forked from: Red Hand of Doom 4.0

Sorry if this isn't the right way to do it, or the right place to place this... but the topic title is entirely appropriate.

I'm planning to use RHOD and its setting (Elsir Vale) as the basis of my new (first) 4E mini-campaign

On the advice from one of my player, I spent a few moments considering the placement of this vale within a larger world. Not so much because the adventurers are expected to know about the "outer world" during the campaign, but because it will make it easier to continue the campaign if it already from the beginning has a place.

And that place, according to the suggestions given by the module, is in the south-central parts of the Shar, the Shining South, Forgotten Realms. The Stonewash river is actually River Shar, Lake Rhesting is actually Lake Lhespen and so on.

However, 4E completely wrecks this place! Judging from the 4E FRCG, nothing much remains. The geography is wiped clean.

Now, what to do?

I'm inclined to use the 4E FRCG (for available deities, for instance) but to set the campaigns in the years prior to this cataclysm.

Then if the campaign moves on even after the events of RHOD, the DM (me or someone else) can decide whether to advance the timeline and make the changes happen.

The alternative; finding an alternate place for the Vale, seems like more work. What do you say?

Remove ads