Eladrin Houses

Dire Bare

Legend
Perhaps I missed something in the books released so far, but has WotC ever explained how the terms Bralani, Ghaele, Firre, Tulani, etc, etc, relate to the 4th edition concept of the Eladrin? In 3e each term was a subrace of eladrin. In 4e they've labeled several eladrin stat blocks with some of these terms, but I don't think they've ever explained them. I've also seen mention of eladrin "houses", but not sure if "Bralani" is an eladrin house or something else entirely.

We sure need "The Ecology of the Eladrin" in Dragon . . . it's bugging me! :)

Shroomy

Adventurer
Perhaps I missed something in the books released so far, but has WotC ever explained how the terms Bralani, Ghaele, Firre, Tulani, etc, etc, relate to the 4th edition concept of the Eladrin? In 3e each term was a subrace of eladrin. In 4e they've labeled several eladrin stat blocks with some of these terms, but I don't think they've ever explained them. I've also seen mention of eladrin "houses", but not sure if "Bralani" is an eladrin house or something else entirely.

We sure need "The Ecology of the Eladrin" in Dragon . . . it's bugging me! :)

They're types of eladrin nobles, aligned with but below the archfey of the Court of Stars.

Dire Bare

Legend
They're types of eladrin nobles, aligned with but below the archfey of the Court of Stars.
Not that I don't believe you, but where do you find this?

And what exactly does it mean to be a Bralani eladrin as compared to a Ghaele eladrin? Are they simply different noble houses, such as the Montagues and Capulets, or is there something else to it?

I'm a huge elf nerd (I hate to admit it), and I NEED TO KNOW!!!:lol:

Shroomy

Adventurer
Not that I don't believe you, but where do you find this?

And what exactly does it mean to be a Bralani eladrin as compared to a Ghaele eladrin? Are they simply different noble houses, such as the Montagues and Capulets, or is there something else to it?

The information is from the 4e MotPs and the 4e preview books (I'm not sure if it was in Races & Classes or Worlds & Monsters).

There isn't a lot of solid information other than that the eladrin nobles correspond to the seasons (much of which corresponds to factions of the Court of Stars). This seasonal aspect seems to dictate their powers, but not a lot else has been revealed.

Why be limited by whatever information (or lack there of) is out there? Define it yourself based on what best fits your campaign. You have a great opportunity here to flesh out a bit of the game world that is important to you that isn't otherwise defined -- use it!

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil

So what you're saying is:

'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Bralani.

Remove ads