random everything generator?

copycat042

First Post
If you've ever played frontier (elite 2) you know that there is an entire galaxy of stars in the game, each with its own physical, economic, social, and political statistics.
Does anyone know where i can find a random world generator that will generate everything from the world map, to roads, rivers and towns, to the name of that beggar down the street? Maybe it would suggest some trade items for regions/villages, but it should mainly be a sandbox for the GM to drop plots into.

The game uses some fractal-type calculation (i think), because the whole thing is a little over 1MB and there are more than that many stars. It is not completely random, because the galaxy is the same for everyone. A particular seed number producing the same world for everyone would be nice.
What would be really awesome would be a "browser based" app where you could click on a section of map for an increasingly detailed view(like google maps), down to individual village maps with clickable stats for buildings and a list of inhabitants.

I don't want much, do I?
:angel:

any suggestions?

update:
i found the name of the software i need.
I am looking for a copy of terralogicus or astrologicus. both are world generation/simulation programs from logicrucible. They run in DOS. The company is now defunct, so i can't get it there. Please help! Anybody got it lying around for download?

TIA

copycat042

Last edited:

Remove ads