Recruiting: DT's Sword and Sorcery Campaign (BECMI/Wilderlands)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Ok, I have a name, a history, a reason for the bad dex, and a basic idea of what equipment he carries. Furthere more, I have a tie in to the group....now what am I missing? What do I need before I can join the game?

Scott DeWar

thar bein no rusn ye capn. I wuz jus wantn ta know if i forgot any thin else.

argh. *step thump step thump...*

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
How is this, Scott?

Name: Quinn Setmore
Class: Fighter
Level: 1
HP: 10
AC: 7

Strength: 13
Intelligence: 11
Wisdom: 15
Dexterity: 5
Constitution: 16
Charisma: 13

Saving Throws

Poison or Death Ray: 12
Magic Wands: 13
Paralyzation or Turn to Stone: 14
Dragon Breath: 15
Rods/Staffs/Spells: 16 (15 vs Spells)

Weapons: Cutlass (acts as a short sword, 1d6), Dagger (1d4), Belaying Pin (acts as a club, 1d4)

Armor: Chain Mail, Bandana

Equipment: Backpack, Torch, Tinderbox, Standard Rations: 3, Wineskin, 2cp, 3sp, 1gp

Languages: Common

XP: 0

Background: Quinn recently arrived from sailing the high seas with the Botany Bay.

He lost the leg in an on-board incident during a bad storm, which was the cause of a mast falling and crushing his leg. He was given a pegleg to replace the lost one. Because he has not been able to regain his 'sea legs' as yet, he has decided to try his luck on land. Hopefully he will get use to his peg leg with the stability of 'terra firma' and maybe someday return to his true mistriss, the sea.

His weapons are those of a sailor: cutlass, dagger, club/belaying pin.

His dress is still that of a sailor as well as his appearence...bronze skin, long haired tied in back, bandana on his head.

His 3-day stubble gives him a ruggedly hadsome appearence, while his smell of salty spray seems clean compared to the staled sweat of the city dwellers. The 3 point hat on his head gets tipped as a curtesy to ladies. He prefers to keep sober as that would very well lead worse walking troubles then what he has now.

He was from the Botany Bay, having been the victim of one of the 'wierd accidents' that befell the ship while transporting the witch's head. The ship and captain left him on the shore to further recover though he felt he was still hexed and was seeking out the party to help him deal with the 'curse'...

DM's Note: As Quinn has been a sea-dog for so long, he has insight into navigation and the sea. He is able to guide himself by the stars, recognize good sailing weather, and when the seas themselves are favorable. He was one of the crew who begged Bear of the Botany Bay to have the cursed package thrown overboard. He had a sense that something was 'wrong' with the package. Whether or not this was superstition or a developing 'sixth sense' has yet to be seen...

GlassEye

Adventurer
Deuce, I've been thinking... what's the rule on using two weapons? I think it's a possibility that Edvan may use a hand axe in each hand, depending.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
According to the Compendium:

[sblock]
Two Weapons Combat
(Optional)
In many fantasy and adventure novels and
movies, characters can fight with two weapons,
carrying one weapon in each hand. If the DM
wants to simulate this in his campaign, he
may—at his option—allow a character to attack
with two weapons.
In this situation, a character who carries a
weapon in each hand gets one additional attack
per combat round. Both attacks take place during
his hand-to-hand combat phase, one after
the other. The attacker can decide each round
which weapon he uses first and which he uses
second. The second attack is at a penalty of - 4
to hit (but not to damage).
[/sblock]

I actually don't like this rule, since the penalty is not significant enough for me. I'd be willing to say that the main weapon has a -3 penalty, and the offhand a -5. What do you think?

Scott DeWar

and while you are thinking on Glass eys's question, what are your thoughts of Quinn useing the dagger in his off hand to block or parry rather then fight with? that being a typical on board fighting style and all. Shields tend to be a bit cumbersome among all those ropes.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Scott, no for now on the blocking with a small blade. Your characters are not yet experienced enough to be able to do such tricks with their various weapons. Yet. The BECMI rules actually has rules for learning such skills with weapons or anything, such as blocking, disarming, and multiple attacks... but I plan on addressing that down the road...

<Cough> <Hint for Scott to keep that train of thought for later...>

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

T show him praticeing that style, he may ask to spar with Edvin or Hill, learning to block, disarm and maybe trip using weapons only. this would be done with wood weapons, maybe crits will do non-lethal (aka subduel) damage? and would be done during spare time.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases