[IC2] Pool of Radiance

Thanee

First Post
Round 6

Battle Map - Round 6

“Huh? Where am I?” Eliath says to himself as his eyes open and the pain of his wounds tell him he is alive. “Did I fall down a hole or something?”

“HELLO! Is anyone there?” he calls out as he starts to stand.

"Blast it professor." Earmy moves to a spot to strike where he last knew where the wizard was. Stabbing blindly, he does notice, that his blade connects, he just isn't entirely sure with what.

“Earmy? Is that you?” Eliath asks hearing the man's voice. “Oh no! I think I'm blind!”

“Relax, relax,” the voice of the professor can be heard. “We all are... well you all are, anyways... but on the plus side, he is, too.”

Weary from his grevious wounds, Eldwyn calls upon the magic of the wand once more for his own benefit this time. While he doesn't feel good still, he does feel significantly better.

Knowing of no enemies nearby, and certainly not seeing any in the magical darkness, Emagor stands ready to react swiftly to any stimulus, but initiates no further action at this time. Peabody now has a headache, so he shakes his iguana head from side to side trying to clear it, and peers intently into the impenetrable darkness.

Arcane incantations can be heard in the darkness ahead, then *chuck* “Aaahhhr... Blast!” Then it is mostly silent for a second followed by a gnomish giggle.

“Yes, yes, Earmy, he is right there, right in front of you!”

Earmy - unscathed, Shield, Cat's Grace
Eldwyn - severely wounded, fatigued, Invisibility
Eliath - severely wounded, fatigued
Emagor - severely wounded, fatigued, Greater Mage Armor
Peabody - severely wounded, fatigued
Professor - unscathed, Blacklight (on small item)
Large Lizardman - dead
Yarash - severely wounded, fatigued, some spell effect

[smallcaps]Combat Declarations[/smallcaps]

Thanee

First Post
Round 7

Battle Map - Round 7

Guided by the words of the Professor, Earmy takes a stab in the dark towards the wizard. His blade connects with something and the resulting shriek tells him he has hit someone... hopefully the right one!

Eliath keeps his sword up and takes a step in the dark. It is hard to keep up a good defense when you can't see but the elf tries his best.

Eldwyn fumbles in his pouch for a coin and then prays for illumination upon it and rolls it in the general direction he think the wizard might be. While the spell was successful, there is no visible effect. The darkness prevails.

Emagor continues to wait for better times, or better vision, or both. His fellow lizard familiar knows the feeling rather well.

*twoing*

There is a thumping noise, as if a body has fallen to the ground.

“I think we might have him!” the Professor proclaims, and a moment later, everyone can see again.

Yarash, the evil wizard, is lying on the ground, blood flowing freely from his many wounds, illuminated by a nearby coin, that shines like a torch.

The combat is over!

Eldwyn - severely wounded, fatigued, Invisibility, Light (on coin)
Eliath - severely wounded, fatigued
Emagor - severely wounded, fatigued, Greater Mage Armor
Peabody - severely wounded, fatigued
Professor - unscathed, Blacklight (on small item)
Large Lizardman - dead
Yarash - dead

Thanee

First Post
Looking around the battlefield, the adventurers find no perceivable threat in the immediate vincinity. There is, however, still the room in the south-eastern corner of the upper pyramid's level, the one that seems to be the source of the foul, black fluid flowing out of its top.

The room in the north-eastern corner, from where the wizard had emerged, is a small appartement or study. It contains a bed, a wardrobe, a desk, and a large chest.

The now dead wizard himself carries a wand, three potions, a ring, and he also has a small feather on him.

[SBLOCK=Detect Magic]All of the above-mentioned items radiate magic.
wand (faint enchantment)
potion (faint conjuration)
potion (faint conjuration)
potion (faint transmutation)
ring (moderate universal)
feather (moderate conjuration)[/SBLOCK]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Does the above post take into account that we will have searched the body and area? And then are ready to move on?

Eliath grunts as he sees the dead huge lizardman. "I shouldn't have let that thing get the better of me. If we are to survive than I need to hone my combat skills even further than my instructors intended."

During the lull in activity he asks who it was that helped save him. When he finds out it was Eldwyn he thanks the healer with a hand shake and a rare smile.

"I hope to return the favor. Although I pray that such a thing never happens to you." he says in an awkward way.

Leif

Adventurer
Emagor Rilliance and Peabody

Emagor takes immediate interest in the wand. "Now, let's see here, Peabody, if we can't figure out what this here stick can do!"

OOC: Pretty sure spellcraft will be called for, so that's rolled here. Anything else I need to do?

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn picks up his coin and then uses the wand his still has in his hand on himself and his three wounded companions. "That was decidedly unpleasant." He then sits down at the wizard's desk to have a drink from his water skin and catch his breath. "Let me just recover for a moment and we'll see about shutting off that filth that's flowing out of this place. I wonder if there are any notes on how it works." He pokes about looking for a spellbook and any other papers that might be in the study.

Thanee

First Post
Emagor looks at the wand more closely, finding a rune inscribed on it, which he identifies as "paralyze". And there are three more arcane runes in a different style, which probably form the verbal activation sequence for the wand.

Eldwyn uses the healing wand to mend the many wounds sustained by himself and his allies. After the fourth use, the wand is empty, its magic spent forever.

Earmy has no trouble following the pipes to the wall of the south-eastern room, where it goes right through. Whatever mechanism there is, must be inside that room. When he listens at the wall or the door, he can make out the rattling of chains, grunts of exertion and the splashing of liquids, then a thump. There is also a creaking noise to be heard occasionally.

Thanee

First Post

Eldwyn - unscathed, Invisibility, Light (on coin)
Eliath - lightly wounded
Emagor - moderately wounded, Greater Mage Armor
Peabody - unscathed
Professor - unscathed

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases