[IC2] Pool of Radiance

Malachei

First Post
At Eliath comment, Schnickschnack raises his finger and calls out, "But I am here, I am here..."

Recovering his pipe, he turns to Emagor, and suggests "Ja, a good idea, could have been mine. Also, I am convinced the magic is not dependent on statuary objects. If the object is close enough, the bearer might still move, as long as we close in fast enough. However, in this pyramid," he looks at the map, "I am not sure the arcane spell's brief flash of energy will grant us the necessary amount of time..."

Leif

Adventurer
Emagor Rilliance and Peabody

"I have an idea about that also, though! I cast the spell Locate Object and determine the direction to the lantern that I witnessed Earmy holding. We draw a line on our map showing the indicated direction from our present position. Then we move to another location, preferably a few thousand feet away if possible, and then I cast Locate Object a second time. Again, we indicate the resulting direction by a line on our map. The point where the two lines cross will be Earmy's location, assuming that he has remained in one place like a good boy. Once we have the lines drawn on our map, it matters not one whit if the spell lapses!" Clearly, Peabody is in awe of his "brilliant" master: his eyes are glazed over with hero-worship as he stares up at Emagor.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn casts a light cantrip and then detect magic. "Interesting. I wonder if some of the deathsheads are targets for others? Let's continue to move from one to another and see if we can figure out where Emary went. Should someone else step through and apprise him to stay where he is while we locate him? Perhaps we could try to toss him a note and a copy of the map?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
'so, I see a dead end here, i wonder what is down the other direction . . .' Earmy's thoughts are followed by actions as he proceds down the oppidite direction from the dead end. His left hand has the lanturn, the right his rapier.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Not understanding what the spellcasters are truly talking about, (no ranks in Spellcraft) Eliath waits for someone to decide to do something. His brow furrows as he impatiently waits rapier in hand.

[sblock=Thanee] Will you tell the spellcasters (when they cast Detect Magic) what items of Eliath's are magical or do you want me to? [/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Checking out the surroundings, Earmy quickly realizes that this must be just another part of the same labyrinth. He isn't sure, however, in which half he is in.

Scotley

Hero
"There is a strong conjuration effect here where he vanished." Eldwyn pens a quick and brief note saying 'We shall come looking for you at the other locations on the map. If you plan to move from where you ended up, leave us an obvious mark.'. He rolls the note around a gold piece and tosses it into the heart of the effect.

Remove ads