[IC2] Pool of Radiance

Thanee

First Post
The kobold nods his understanding and steps back, waiting nervously for the adventurers to leave, obviously quite happy that he is still alive.

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn

"Life in old Phlan is certainly strange." He rides on with the others, considering if there might be a song in this strange encounter.

Thanee

First Post
Looking at their options, the party has the door to their left now, which leads straight to the north, and which the kobold has warned them about. The other route takes them back to the room where they entered and where they found the madman earlier, and from there also further to the north.

Leif

Adventurer
Emagor Rilliance

Emagor thinks, "Man, I'm glad I'm not in the lead! I hate making decisions like that!"

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
"Onward to face the frog things then. Know that Eldwynn and I have already faced monstrous toads warped by the foul poisons of the river. I expect these to be similar monstrosities. have something sharp in hand lest they swallow you whole." Kordunn presses onward to hunt down the abominations the kobolds warned them about.

Thanee

First Post
Opening the nearby door, Kordunn and the other adventurers find out, that it leads into a huge garden area, which once must have been used by the scholars for peaceful contemplation. The garden covers at least eighty feet in length and a hundred feet in width. In the center a large pond is visible, now swampy and thick. Weeds are everywhere, some having grown to monstrous proportions, filling most of the garden area. A frail-looking iron gate in the western wall leads out of the garden and thus out of the library property. On the other side, a good eighty feet away, another door leads further to the north. There doesn't seem to be an exit to the east.

No immediate threats are visible or can be heard.

Leif

Adventurer
Emagor Rilliance

Upon further reflection, Emagor decides that he may, indeed, have somewhat to contribute: "Now, if I was a monstrous frog/toad/similar hopping creature, this would seem like a heaven-sent environment! Let's do be careful here, or, better yet, let's consider turning back into the library proper."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Sir Dryw

Sir Dryw sheathes his wand and replaces it behind his shield with a dagger, taking Kordunn's advice to heart. Listening to Emagor, the knight says, "If we're looking for books, this seems a poor place to find them. Should we head this way, let's stick to the outer edge."

[sblock=OOC]
Just because, Sir Dryw will examine the scene and look for traps. Knowledge (nature) and Survival checks respectively, thanks to Invisible Castle: 1d20+8=18, 1d20+12=24.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Dignified dwarven wisdom

Kordunn considers "That northern gate should connect up to the northern passages we saw from main entrance. It seems probable there is some lurking menace hidden amongst the overgrown weeds of this garden. Our goal is to find more books and lore for use within New Phlan, not to first clear this unsecured place of all dangers that would discourage humanoid looters. It would be prudent then to heed the kobolds' warning and not engage the beast here until we wish to fully clear and secure the library. Otherwise we risk expending ourselves and being forced to withdraw while opening it up for others to recover the prize we seek. Therefore I suggest we go back and walk throughout the inside of the building, exploring rooms that might hold books instead of progressing here."

Kordunn will lead the way back and then onward from the beginning.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases