Lost-Eberron-4E Style

garyh

First Post
I'm working on the full-fledged character sheet now, but here's my Character Builder summary as well.

[sblock=Xandren]
XANDREN, level 1
Warforged, Fighter
Fighter Talents: Two-handed Weapon Talent

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 15, Dex 14, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 10.

Starting Ability Scores
Str 16, Con 13, Dex 14, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 10.

AC: 17 Fort: 16 Reflex: 12 Will: 13
HP: 30 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics, Intimidate, Endurance.

FEATS
1: Weapon Proficiency (Fullblade)

POWERS
1, At-Will: Reaping Strike
1, At-Will: Footwork Lure
1, Encounter: Covering Attack
1, Daily: Comeback Strike

ITEMS
Fullblade, Scale Armor, Backpack (empty), Pouch, belt (empty), Flint and Steel, Rope, hempen (50 ft.), Sunrods (2), Climber's Kit, Dagger, Javelin (2)[/sblock]

garyh

First Post
I present Xandren, Warforged Soldier.

[sblock=Xandren]Xandren

Always vigilant.

"Male" Warforged Fighter
Initiative +2; Senses Normal Vision; Passive Insight 12, Passive Perception 12
HP 30; Bloodied 15; Healing Surge 7; Surges Per Day 11
AC 17; Fort 16, Ref 12, Will 13
Speed 5
Action Points 1
-----------------------------------------------------------------
:bmelee:Fullblade (standard; at-will) - Weapon
+8 vs AC; 1d12+4 damage.
:ranged:Javelin (standard; at-will) - Weapon
Range 10/20; +6 vs AC; 1d6+4 damage.
:melee:Footwork Lure (MP) (standard; at-will) - Martial, Weapon
+8 vs AC; 1d12+4 damage. You can shift 1 square and slide the target into the space you left.
:melee:Reaping Strike (standard; at-will) - Martial, Weapon
+8 vs AC; 1d12+4 damage. Miss: Half Strength modifier damage. If you’re wielding a two-handed weapon, you deal damage equal to your Strength modifier.
:melee:Covering Attack (standard; encounter) - Martial, Weapon
+8 vs AC; 2d12+4 damage. An ally adjacent to the target can shift 2 squares.
:melee:Comeback Strike (standard; daily) - Healing, Martial, Reliable, Weapon
+8 vs AC; 2d12+4 damage. You can spend a healing surge.
Warforged Resolve (Dragon #364) (minor; encounter) - Healing
You gain a number of temporary hit points equal to 3 + one-half your level. You can make an immediate saving throw against one effect that deals ongoing damage and can be ended with a save. In addition, if you are bloodied you regain hit points equal to 3 + one-half your level.
Fighter Weapon Talent
When using a two-handed weapon, you gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls.
Combat Challenge
Every time you attack an enemy, whether the attack hits or misses, you can choose to mark that target. The mark lasts until the end of your next turn. While a target is marked, it takes a –2 penalty to attack rolls for any attack that doesn’t include you as a target. A creature can be subject to only one mark at a time. A new mark supersedes a mark that was already in place. In addition, whenever a marked enemy that is adjacent to you shifts or makes an attack that does not include you, you can make a melee basic attack against that enemy as an immediate interrupt.
Combat Superiority
You gain a bonus to opportunity attacks equal to your Wisdom modifier. An enemy struck by your opportunity attack stops moving, if a move provoked the attack. If it still has actions remaining, it can use them to resume moving.
Construct
You have the construct keyword, so you are considered to be a construct for effects that relate to that keyword.
Living Construct
+2 to saving throws agaisnt ongoing damage. Can use components. No need to eat, drink or breath. Needs only 4 hours rest. Uses the better of the die roll or 10 when making death saving throws.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Alignment Unaligned; Languages Common
Str 18 (+4) Dex 14 (+2) Wis 14 (+2)
Con 15 (+2) Int 8 (-1) Cha 10 (+0)
Athletics +9*, Endurance +9*, Intimidate +7*
* Trained Skill
Feats: Weapon Proficiency (Fullblade)
Gear Fullblade, Scale Armor, Backpack, Belt Pouch, Flint and Steel, Rope (50 ft., hempen), Sunrods (2), Climber's Kit, Dagger, Javelin (2), 3gp (85lbs)

Background
Xandren was built by the giants of Xen'drik for use in their war against the Quori, tens of thousands of years ago. After many years of dedicated service against the enemies of the giants, Xandren fell in battle against the masters of dreams and awoke to find himself on an unfamiliar beach, rather than deep in the jungles of Xen'drik. Where was he, how did he get there, and was it all some sort of trick of the Quori? Warforged were supposed to be immune to their powers, but his current situation certainly suggested some sort of Quori subterfuge. Perhaps that figure in the distance could answer his questions...

Personality and Appearance
Xandren is a soldier through and through. He has little initiative outside of battle, and no outside interests. In a battle, though, he's decisive, focused, and a deadly adversary. In his era, there's no such thing as a free warforged, and in the modern day, any such individuals he meets are likely to perplex him. His first assumption of any situation is that it's a trap, and he's always on his guard.

Xandren is significantly larger than a warforged of the modern day. Standing 6'10" and weighing 320 lbs., he evokes the giants who created him. Similarly, he is not as sleek and dynamic looking as modern warforged. The harsh lines and jarring angles of his armor plating mark him as not of recent make, as does the larger emphasis on stone-like parts instead of the more metallic warforged of the Last War.

Quirks
As mentioned, the idea of free warforged is completely foreign to Xandren. He considers himself a part of a unit, and does not function well without someone in command or a mission to accomplish.

Wishlist
1. Belt of Resiliance (AV 164)
2. Amulet of Mental Resolve +1 (AV 148)
3. Flame Bracers (AV 117)
4. Acidic Fullblade +1 (AV 62)
5. Agile Armor (AV 39)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Ah-Ha! Good to see my closing of the deadline early pushed some people along. I'll sleep on it tonight and make my final decisions tomorrow, as I am now working third shift on Friday.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Alright I've made my choices.

Stonegod: Hesh Sul'tashk, Hobgoblin Bravelord, Ancient past
GaryH: Xandren, Warforged Great Weapon fighter, ancient background
Oni: Lorn Spellwright, Human Staff Wizard, Cyre survivor
Redclaw: Stellan Scarhide, Longtooth shifter Warden, Last War Vet
Atanatotatos: Thormir Brassbeard,Dwarven Infernal Warlock, current time period

This was an especially hard choice. Thanks to those that didn't make it at this point for submitting such great concepts and for going through the work of making a CS. I am not going to add any alternates right now. If we lose people, especially in the case of character death, I'd like the party to have a say on who comes in. As far as language go, with the ideas I have, consider common universal, divine insight if you will.

The five that made it: Go ahead and post character in the RG. Check out the OOC Thread, and then head on over to the IC thread.

RG: http://www.enworld.org/forum/plots-places/249190-lost-eberron-d-d-4th-edition-rg.html#post4638761

OOC: http://www.enworld.org/forum/talkin...-style-recruiting-closed-ooc.html#post4638768

IC: http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing-game/249193-lost-eberron-d-d-4th-edition-style.html

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
:)

Thanks, EvoKB! There were so many great entries, I had no idea who you might pick.

Well, I had a hunch you'd take Hesh, since he was the only leader, had a great story, and was used as the default CS template example. :) But other than him...

I'm looking forward to the interactions between Hesh and Xandren. I have a feeling Hesh's presence will help give Xandren some grounding - thankfully, someone to give him orders! :)

EvolutionKB

First Post
Well, I had a hunch you'd take Hesh, since he was the only leader, had a great story, and was used as the default CS template example. :) But other than him...

Well, SG's CS are always well put together, but it also the first one submitted. My choices involved party balance as well as backstory and mechanical considerations. The leader role was definately easiest to pick, and the controller role was the hardest.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Oh! I thought you'd choose tomorrow, but regardless, thanks! Looking forward to this game! I'll add an item wishlist soon.

I was going to, but then realized I was working late tomorrow, so I wouldn't be around at midnight. The sooner things get started the better. RG, OOC, and IC threads are up.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Thanks!

My cursory experience w/ 4E is that leader still seems to be the "less sexy" role (like the heal-bot cleric, as opposed to the codillza, in 3.5). Not sure if that is accurate on a global scale, though.

(Psst, DEFCON: I'll kill one of these others to get in you in ASAP. ;))

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases