• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Leif's Homebrew 4E, OOC1

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I knew at one time, but I have forgotten now.

It's a "character flaw" of Mowgli that he uses weird, like cartographic software (or SOME kind, anyway) that saves things in a format that no normal human can decipher, and he feels some obscure need to upload the files to ENWorld in this same format, rather than using something simple, like a plain text word processor, like Word, that everyone can see easily. But we still love his big, goofy ass!

Thanks for the luv, oh esteemed DM! My 4E character is a Doppleganger Bard. He is not a multiclass - one of the cool things about the 4E Bard is that he gets to borrow some of the abilities of other classes. In this case, I chose the Warlock.

I do indeed plan to post a plain text copy of my character. I am aware that Leif DMs from work and doesn't have the DDI software on his work computer. My 'obscure need' is to keep from having to update my characters twice - once in my computer file and once on ENWorld. And for some reason (this is the part where it's almost certainly my old brain) I don't deal well with the plain text format of the sheets - I find it almost impossible to find what I'm looking for. Whereas a well designed character sheet has everything neatly organized into nice blocks . . .

In any case, Leif and I have successfully found middle ground - actually, I just caved in and agreed to keep two sheets for my characters in his games. My Doppleganger should be up sometime this weekend.

[sblock=Weird Software]The 'weird' software I used to create this particular character is none other than what our esteemed DM suggested we use - the D&D Insider Character Generator. :p

For other character sheets, I use .pdf files, which require nothing more than a .pdf reader (available from Adobe as a FREE download).

For maps - world/area maps as well as battle maps - I like to use my cartography software but I post the maps in .jpg format (again, easily viewable on any computer).[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Ok, ok, I stand corrected and all that stuff. Do you have ph24e already, or is that bard stuff just available in DDI? Guess I need to get back to the bookstore and see if my copy of ph2 is in yet....

Leif

Adventurer
I dunno. I'm supposed to get an email from the bookstore in the mal (whatever it's called, it's one of those "B" bookstores, but there are about a million of those.)l as soon as they get my pre-ordered copy, and I haven't heard anything from them yet. (But I'm not entirely certain that they have my email address correct, either.) They told me it would be a little while before they were authorized to stock the ph2 on their shelves, so I've been going t check kinda obsessively every little bit. But, I guess I'm over that, 'cause I haven't been out there for a few weeks now. Can you print it from DDI? Or, rather, I'm asking if I could.

UPDATE 4/3/09: Yes, it's been out for several weeks now! I've already gotten two copies and sent one to Scotley. Arcane Power, Divine Power, DMGII, MMII, and maybe a few othhers will be coming out soon. (I think in pairs, each month.)

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I'd say the easiest thing to do would be to go to the DDI site and visit the Compendium. You could probably copy/paste the text into Word and print it that way at the very least . . .

If I get a wild hair I'll go to the site and see what I come up with.

Leif

Adventurer
PHII

Well, Ive got it on order from my local bookstore, and they say that I can pick it up as soon as they get it in, which they expect to be some days before the official release date.

Mowgli: I have printed my other 4e character sheets from DDI, and had wonderful results! So, I expect I can do the same for your character, maybe. Maybe. Maybe. I'm not sure how it will react to looking at someone else's character.... But, so far, I have an Eladrin Bard (Encephalus), a Dragonborn Ranger (Tull), and a Half-Elf Warlock (Shartun), each on a nifty official-type character sheet, and they are all RPGA approved characters, too. Anybody else have plans to start a 4e game in the near future? :D

Last edited:

Remove ads