Leif's Homebrew 4E, OOC1

renau1g

First Post
Re: Passive vs. Active perception:

Here's my take on it (and what I do for my games):

Your passive sets the floor for the roll, as if the 10 was high enough to catch something (and it's always "on"), then you would pick it up before you even needed to make an active check. However if it isn't enough and you make an active roll, unless you score above a 10 on the die, there is no change. That's how I run my games, but it's not spelled out in the rules that way.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
You know, I rolled all the way around that in my head and the best I could come up with was adding 10 to whatever you roll - which definitely didn't make sense.

Not sure why I didn't come to your solution . . .

Leif

Adventurer
Re: Passive vs. Active perception:

Here's my take on it (and what I do for my games):

Your passive sets the floor for the roll, as if the 10 was high enough to catch something (and it's always "on"), then you would pick it up before you even needed to make an active check. However if it isn't enough and you make an active roll, unless you score above a 10 on the die, there is no change. That's how I run my games, but it's not spelled out in the rules that way.
Thank you! We'll work it that way. ;) So if you need 10 or less to notice something, all you have to do is look in the right direction! hehe Of course, if you spend all your free time picking your nose, like Aimhirghin, you might forget to look in the right direction. :D
Walking Dad said:
Has anyone a clever idea before Tarrk can kick the door in?
Careful you don't get splinters in your hoof!

Remove ads