Adventure: Echoes of O

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=Plans]
7 Rabbit will keep pestering Allip with questions about spellscars, ritual magic, the local calendar, astrology, etc. He's also going to start organizing a trip to the Isle of O to find out more about this type of magic first-hand, and he'll invite everyone to come with him. (If that doesn't fit in with Don's plans for a sequel, something will happen to derail the trip somehow.)

Don, do you want to roleplay this, or handle it sort of abstractly? (Mainly wondering if I should be waiting for Allip to respond, or if you intended us to talk among ourselves.)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
"Marley wasn't dead. We saw him with our own eyes. Plus, I doubt Kruk could summon command any magicks at all." Ash rising from his bed and opening his eyes slowly. "No offense meant Kruk. But I must still find Marley and also the answer to this scar on me."

"No offense taken my friend" Kruk states to Ash, "and I'd be happy to lend a hand in your quest to find Marley." Kruk turns to the rest of the party who are currently inspecting their own and each other's tats. "He then turns to Raiyek and states "I have no idea what these are for and how to use them, although I like the design on mine." Turing to Borius,"Uh...during the warehouse battle I let Marley use my battle axe, which he took and chopped off the fat mage's hand with one swing. I'm still amazed at the speed that Marley generated with the two-handed weapon! Getting to the point, I'm now weaponless. Do you carry armor and/or weapons in this vast abode of yours that you'd be willing to share?"

[sblock=OOC]
Thanks for the adventure Don I. I really enjoyed it as well. I'd love to participate in the follow up when it is ready. Les, Raiyek, Ash and 7-Rabbitt, I'd like the opprotunity to continue adventuring with you. It's been fun. I love the mix of classes, races and personalities.
[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=BLOCK O' TEXT]I'd roleplay this, but I'm feeling lazy. Your weapons / equipment are all in the next room, and you can pick them up whenever you feel like leaving and returning to the tavern.

Allip has sparce information for you, unfortunately. He tells you that interrupting a sanguiduum extraction ritual nearing completion can have wildly catostrophic and random resutls, but spellscars are usually a constant symptom for all those involved. Beyond that, he has little to tell you.

Keep in mind that Borius and Allip have never even heard of Marley until today, so debating them whether or not he's dead is kind of moot; they're only telling you what they've heard.

My next adventure was actually inspired by the flavor text of Kruk's armor. It will be another urban sprawl, but there will be more roleplaying elements, a deeper investigation / who-done-it, a very unique skill challenge that I think you will all enjoy, and maybe a dungeon or two. Overall, I think it will be less railroad-y and schizophrenic than this adventure was. It's mostly complete, but I've yet to submit it because there are a few combat sequences I'm not sure what to do with. The more I think about it, the more I think that I'm going to have to make up a few monsters from scratch. Blech. Also, there will be sexy mysterious arcane elements sprinkled throughout to keep Seven Rabbit happy (as well as a magic item that I feel I owe you).

TREASURE TOTALS
450g, 5 silver (taken from Fat Tom's body, because let's face it, he's not going to be using it)
1 Fullblade (non-magical)
1 +1 Subtle Dagger
1 +1 Communal Spiked Chain
1 +1 Black Iron Plate Armor[/sblock]

Dawn Raven

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Thanks for the great game, Don. I'd love to adventure with everyone here again too. Can't wait for part II, hope I can get in on that![/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I'd also like to stick with you guys; I think we have a good group going here. Just thinking out loud for a bit here, but how long do you figure it'll be til you've got your sequel fleshed out and submitted for approval? To be honest, I'm intrigued by renau1g's waiting adventure, and if it's a short-ish adventure I was thinking of maybe hitting that up, then coming back here for the sequel. What do the rest of you think?[/sblock]

PierceSG

First Post
[sblock=OOC]For Ash, due to the current trauma, I think he would take a short rest to recuperate and then embark on the journey for answers. Looking for both Marley as well as what the spellscars are. :)
P.S. Of course with you guys if you are all still for it. :p[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I'd like to keep adventuring with you, but I'd also like to mix it up a bit - part of the point of a shared world is getting to adventure with people who have been doing different things.

I'm definitely up for the sequel, though. I probably won't join another adventure even if there's time - IC, Rabbit would probably spend some time hitting the library and researching magic and things.
[/sblock]

Dawn Raven

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I think Les might take a bit of a rest too, but I'm up for the sequel. I'll be traveling for the next month to like..a billion places so internet use will be difficult.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock]
Sounds good. Thanks for the game all and nice job Don. I. It's probably going to take me a month or so to figure out how to edit Kruk's sheet for level 2...lol.
[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
After getting a frustrating lack of answers from Allip, 7 Rabbit says, "In that case, I am going to visit Daunton's famous library to see what I can find out for myself." To the rest of the group, he says, "Like many travellers, I have a room in the Hanged Man. I will check often for messages there. How can I reach all of you? After I have done some more research, I may have a proposition for some of you." He looks speculatively at Kruk, and with some indecision between Les and Raiyek, before shaking his head and growing distracted.

After he's gotten contact information from each of his companions, Rabbit gathers his belongings and hurries out.

[sblock=OOC]
Good game, everyone. I noticed they're looking for a defender in the tavern if any of you are interested in joining another adventure while waiting for the sequal.
[/sblock]

Remove ads