Different colors on XP

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
In the listing for received XPs each one has a little box next to it. The first one that I've received has a different color than the others (the normal color is green) and appears not to be counted in the total.

What is the meaning of the color?

fba827

Adventurer
In the listing for received XPs each one has a little box next to it. The first one that I've received has a different color than the others (the normal color is green) and appears not to be counted in the total.

What is the meaning of the color?

People who have not been members for very long can still "give xp" but they actually give 0 xp. So my guess is that the person whose xp is a different color is because the person was only able to give you 0xp. (Green means someone actually gave you xp).

I believe this is done to prevent people from making a bunch of accounts just to give people xp. So an account has to be active for a bit before he's able to give 1xp.

At least, all this is assuming I know what you're asking about :)
You could be asking something completely different, in which case I apologize for misunderstanding.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Your explanation sounds extremely plausible. That XP point was given me from a poster who had been a member for less that 3 months.

BTW, is there a place where all those rules on XP are explained?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That's pretty much correct; it stops people creating alt accounts simply for the purpose of giving themselves XP. There are three possible colours:

Green: 1 XP
Grey: 0 XP, the result of a new member giving positive XP
Red: -1 XP (which folks shouldn't be able to use, assuming the settings are correct!)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's tied to time AND post count (so the account has to be active, also). Offhand, I think it's 10 posts and 30 days, but I can't remember exactly.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
It's tied to time AND post count (so the account has to be active, also). Offhand, I think it's 10 posts and 30 days, but I can't remember exactly.

Well, now that your attention is drawn here, what are those on CM? Last time I tried to give rep there I had 25 posts and it still showed as grey. And I've been a member for over half a year.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases