Proposal - Martial Power

Oni

First Post
Minor action attacks is another thing that might be worth a second look, they can be pretty significant when you start stacking static bonuses.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Fine. It seems the community generally doesn't feel marked scourge is too powerful.
As for me I guess I'll start doing some counting and see how high I can get Alexander's Wisdom...

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Well, to make Str + Wis effective, you need to keep up two scores. Easy to do at 1st level, very hard the higher you get. However, if one score gets added twice, it's much easier to get a lot of bang for your buck.

Also, we really aren't talking about 2*Wis vs. Str+Wis. With Marked Scourge it will be Str+2*Wis most of the time in paragon and epic.

If it didn't stack with Pit Fighter, then whatever. It's really, really good for a feat, but it's not mind-blowing. For people who would probably take the feat, you're looking at at least +2 damage on every attack against a target you've attacked in the last round, which I guess you could say equates to around +1 to +1.5 damage per attack. Stacked with Pit Fighter, though, I'd venture that you get a little too much return for your investment, when compared with other feats.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Well, to make Str + Wis effective, you need to keep up two scores. Easy to do at 1st level, very hard the higher you get. However, if one score gets added twice, it's much easier to get a lot of bang for your buck.

If you're a fighter you're already going to have a high strength, though...

Also, we really aren't talking about 2*Wis vs. Str+Wis. With Marked Scourge it will be Str+2*Wis most of the time in paragon and epic.

I'm comparing to Draconic Arrogance, which nobody seems to have a problem with. With Marked Scourge and Draconic Arrogance, if I hit a marked opponent with Tide of Iron I do 1[W]+2*Str+Wis. Why is this less of a problem than the 1[W]+Str+2*Wis that I get for using Marked Scourge as a Pit Fighter?

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Well, Draconic Arrogance is paragon tier, and only applies to powers that push or knock prone. That said, it seems like another feat that's ok by itself, but when you add it to others can get out of hand.

For example, a dragonborn Pit Fighter with Marked Scourge and Draconic Arrogance would do 1[W]+Str*2+Wis*2 hitting a marked opponent with Tide of Iron. That's a little much, in my opinion.

Maybe we should comb out all of the feats that let you add an ability score to damage? I don't know where I stand there ... they seem to all be situational, but they can add up and get out of hand very easily.

Oni

First Post
The thing is that you can't profit from Draconic Arrogance the way you can from Marked Scourge.

Knockdown/Push powers are not going to be multi hit type set ups.

Marked Scourge applies to everything meaning that extra damage is nearly always accessable, I think it's reasonable to think that your target is marked more likely than not over the course of combat. And it really starts to add up when you start looking at multi hit combo's in a way Draconin Arrogance never can.

Imagine if you will a tempest fighter/pitfigher multiclass ranger.
Off-Hand Strike or Ruffling Sting-->Rain of Blows-->AP-->Blade Cascade

That's 10 attacks in one round, at least 9 of which you've gotten to add your Wisdom mod to an extra time. It may seem like a small thing, but it can really add up.

Draconic Arrogance doesn't hold a candle to that.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases