Spartan expantion

Nytmare

David Jose
i already asked for a spartan build, but now im looking at skills as in at will, encounter, daily, ect

I'm trying to remember what the build was, but I'm assuming that it was a fighter.

Are you trying to build up to a certain level, or are you looking for a completely new set of abilities?

malcolm_n

Adventurer
so, do you want to create new powers; or just find spartan-like powers that are already available? I provided several for the latter on the other thread.

malcolm_n

Adventurer
[sblock=copied from other thread]I love trying my hand at these requests. I'd probably start with a spear fighter (great weapon build) so he can fight with a shield, but doesn't have to. I'll go 10 levels in for a good idea and suggest a Path
- I'd take Tide of Iron and Crushing Surge for at-wills
- at 1st level, I'd probably take Pinning Sweep (E) and Lasting Threat (D); Improved Vigor for a feat to emphasize the Spartan's lasting nature.
- Utility 2 I'd take Shielded Sides, and Advance Lunge for Encounter 3; Surprising Charge for level 2 feat.
- at 4, I'd put focus on Strength and Dexterity for better attacks and AC/Ref. I'd also consider Martial Alacrity as a feat for flavor and effectiveness.
- Rain of Steel would be a decent level 5 daily and Unbreakable at 6; Shield Push would be a good level 6 feat
- At 7 I'd probably take come and get it
- level 8 I'd choose Weapon Focus (spears); and 9 would be good for Jackal Strike. I'd also take Defensive Resurgence at 10

For a paragon path, I'd take either Shield Adept or Pit Fighter. This would be my best choice for your average Spartan.

If you're trying to mimic the main character from the movie instead, I'd multiclass Warlord for Stand the Fallen (D5), Stand Tough (U6) and Lion's Roar (E7).[/sblock]

Remove ads