Monday, 9 March, 2009

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
  • 'Zero-to-hero' gaming? "...Which is why 'zero to hero' gaming isn't particularly well-suited to tabletop roleplaying: if you were to actually play Nodberg the Peasant on his very first adventure into the Nastywilde Forest in a 'realistic' way, Nodberg would be toast. You don't want realism, dear Gamers, you want to be fooled like any other reader/viewer/voter.
  • New OGL Monster at Kobold Quarterly Monday brings back the new Monsters! Travel deep into the fiery sands to see the marvelous Walking Tent of Salim Ar-Ra’i by David Schwartz.
  • Older-school H3 Older-school H3: "Pyramid of Shadows' is, in short, a neat little idea executed without even the tiniest shred of regard for
    believability or depth. Some notes on how to deepen the setting a
    little."
  • What do you want to know about the PHB 2? The Stew has a copy, and will be writing an article on the PHB 2 from a GMing perspective.
  • Interview With Pathfinder Editor-In-Chief James Jacobs "He took the time to discuss the development and design of Pathfinder, office life at Paizo, gaming company rivalries, the term "backwards-compatible", and other interesting topics."
  • Official D&D Updates:
    • Art of the Kill The assassin has been a staple of D&D through every edition. With the feats and equipment in this article, your character can become a ruthless and deadly killer. "Art of the Kill" can make your character one of the elite.
      [*]Excerpts: Sky Hunter In today’s Player's Handbook 2 preview, we introduce a new paragon path for the druid: the sky hunter!
      [*] Ecology of the Sharn Sharns are an enigma little understood by sages and rightfully feared by adventurers. Born of the last remnants of a dead world, these timeless beings embody raw eldritch might.
      [*]New unlisted D&D 4e Assessory: Underdark? The author blurb for “Ecology of the Sharn” had this little tidbit: "Brian R. James is a freelance game designer working exclusively for Wizards of the Coast. His credits include Open Grave™, The Grand History of the Realms™, Forgotten Realms® Campaign Guide, and the forthcoming Underdark™ supplement."

[*]The War of the Burning Sky Hardcover is finished! All 708 pages of it; nearly 2 inches thick and nearly 5lbs in weight. Well, the print-ready file is finished - I'm now waiting for my sample copy to make sure the actual physical book comes out OK. However, since the digital side of things is done, the PDF of the hardcover is available on RPGNow for $64.99 ($15 more than the original subscription, since it contains everything in the subscription plus five new adventures and a whole bunch of other stuff). Note that those who buy the actual hardcover will find a coupon included enabling them to download the PDF for free. Once I have received my sample copy and confirmed it's all in one piece, the pre-orders will be sent out.

Remove ads