Elements of Magic: Mythic Earth-- anyone use?

Korzon

First Post
I posted this over in the EN publishing forum, but for those who didn't see it, does anyone here use EN publishings "Elements of Magic; Mythic Earth?" I'm thinking of using the OGL parts for a pdf setting, and I'd like to know what peoploe think, what parts are broken, or work really well and any other suggestions they might have. Thanks!

GilaMonster

First Post
I've been using it for a D20 modern game, though with several tweaks. I haven't run into anything broken yet, but haven't had it come up in game much yet. The Wizard's just taken his first magical feat.

Korzon

First Post
I've been using it for a D20 modern game, though with several tweaks. I haven't run into anything broken yet, but haven't had it come up in game much yet. The Wizard's just taken his first magical feat.

The biggest issu7e I'm seeing is that for one feat you get access to a fair amount of magic, and that may radically change the balance in favor of magic weilding characters. It's not a problem, OTH if hte focus of the setting is one in which magic is suppoed to be more powerful (IE MAGE), but I cou8ld see it leaving other character concepts behind if it's supposed to be a more "Balanced" setting.

GilaMonster

First Post
The biggest issu7e I'm seeing is that for one feat you get access to a fair amount of magic, and that may radically change the balance in favor of magic weilding characters.

All the feats give you is the ability to take ranks in one or more of the magical skills and some tradition bonus. There's a skill check (against those magical skills) to cast any spells.

So a spell that does 1d6 fire damage to one opponent with a 30ft range is an Attack 1/General 1 spell. If the mage has it as a signature spell, it takes a standard action and requires a DC 12 skill check using the Attack skill
If the mage doesn't have it as a signature spell, it takes 2 full rounds to cast, with the same skill check.
A mage has a number of signature spells = HD + int bonus

Honestly, when the guy playing the wizard in my D20 campaign looked at the rules, he felt that D&D wizards are more powerful and get spells easier. To be able to cast a variety of spells requires a lot of skill points spent on the magical skills

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases