Red, Taran, Orim you're up[IC -D&D 4e: Forgotten Realms-] A Paid Trip to Spellhold

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Immarael (Male Eldarin Sorcerer 1) HP:26 Def: 12 - 12/12/16

Immarael walks up as steely eyed as an Eladrin can be and states "Your acquaintance, Soveliss here, is not bound to fits of compassion to those who deceive him or think him stupid, fella.". (Bluff: 11) He shakes his head and gives an unfortunate sigh.

[OOC: If Soveliss speaks again Immarael will flinch as if he was afraid of being struck by him, and then try to hide his embarrassment. Bluff: 23)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
"Red" - Female Elven Invoker

Having a bit more to go on, the auburn-haired elf listened intently at the thug, watched his body language, the cast to his eyes, anything that would betray his lies.

OOC: Insight Check: 1d20+9=20

Rathan

First Post
Grendel looks to Orin and then back to the thug with a twitch in his eyes.... he can tell the artery they hit earlier was getting to him and the more he bled the more his animalistic side started to show in the midst of the pain and loss of patience....

Grendel would move up to the thug and snag him by his collar with his wounded arm and hefts his large club with the other over his head and snarls frailly...

"You tell us what REAL reason for being here human or I eat your scalp for dinner" the shifter said with a snap of pure animal instinct as he growled and bullied the ruffian around in his old way of dealing with things..

[sblock=Intimidate Check]1d20+1=11[/sblock]

Kamaru

First Post
OoC: I'm here just sleepy -_- :yawn: first day off in 2 weeks

The Eladrin listened attentively until the Deva spoke and spoke of a partial truth and partial lie. The thief still was trying to tread in the sea of confusion around him. Grendel seemed to become more animalistic either due to pain or frustration. The rest really fell or deaf ears as the Eladrin's started to heat as if he was in combat with himself to note stab the man before talking.

"Well if I bite or two of this vandal would make you feel better..." Soveliss commented his jaw squaring as he clenched his teeth as his sword tip went to the man's throat his eyes steely and emotionless as he spoke "You can't really say that's 'everything' if you lie, If you are in the Shadow Thieves you're very low class since you can't do a good job really at picking a lock or keeping a lookout... Stealing from mages? You're either incredibly brave or unfathomably stupid considering this town it could be a bit of both. Who did he owe a debt to in your guild? Who didn't you find that could have survived? You've just used your only act of my kindness if I don't maim you tonight for mistaking my kindness for a weakness I'm taking you to the Cowled Mages. They share my current veiw of you probably no more mercy... maybe they'd like to know why you were attempting... arson to this building since you didn't get what you wanted out of the last one and we'll see what they get out of you... My guess are your organs and what they need to know or they'll torture you for the fun of it they are a dark bunch at times from what the rumors say."

Would he really frame a low life guy who was just trying to live in this city... considering his involvement in Soveliss' situation and current state of frustration and crappy lifestyle... Yes he wouldn't mind that much.

Soveliss would imply heavily to the thief that if he didn't start talking the truth dieing would seem like a very good option. He'd wait on knocking him out and checking with his friend to see if the stories match up.

Intimidate Check = 1d20 → [16] = (16)
Insight Check = 1d20+10 → [11,10] = (21)

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock=Insight DC 20]
The tug is not telling the truth in these sentences "We were supposed to contact a wizard guy in there" "They give us that bloody useless key that broke apart during our little encounter a moment ago"[/sblock]

"All right all right! We don't want the cowled bastards to hear anything about it right?... Ehm... The answers would be... Our boss, Raman Sors; and Perkiss, we didn't find his corpse. And... we were assigned to get in here for another job, we were to leave that in there." the bandit points out to a little barrel on the side of the door, covered with a piece of cloth that any of you noticed before.
"I think it's a bomb of sorts. Has pretty drawings on the top, boss told us not to read them" he looks at each of you ."And I-I'm really being honest this time! I do!" he offers "I know another thing, that might be useful fer ye'. There are not wizards in there, just bureaucrats of the city guards and the cowled wizards, they are calling for mercs to do some job in the prison island, seems boss not liking it, but I don't know why!"

His speech seems truthful to all of you, even the Deva looks away apparently angry about the thief's cowardliness.

At that precise moment, you hear footsteps, coming from around the building to be destroyed.

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock=Tiali]
Your coming to Amn was not pleasant, if any is. Your search for a courier ended quite quick. In the turn of an alley, the young and inexperienced dwarf was caught by a band of shadow thieves, and his gold and rations were "Gently removed" They left him his bone totem, considering it a piece of trash. Oh and they left a good amount of punches as presents too.
Used to starve, "Slim" got slimmer as the days past by. After a weak or so, he found two of the tugs that assaulted him. The humans didn't noticed him, neither they noticed the huge Bear spirit. Enough is to say that Slim's display finish the tugs in a blink, but also caught the attention of the ever vigilant Cowled wizards. They teleported Slim to the quarters, and interrogated him. After some nasty moments, they released the dwarf with his few left belongings, which is much to say about those wizards. After you walked a few blocks away from the place they teleported you back, you step into another wizard.
"I ask for apologies in the name of the Cowled wizards. Lately, much of our members are unpolite and corrpt mages, set in those places by high functionaires of the goverment. I'll make you a present good dwarf, for the problems we have caused you. Here" the wizard pulls a card from his sleeves "This is credential to enter in the The Blazing Swords guild, I'm sure they could give you a fair remuneration and a place to live. Fare you well" With that the wizard teleported back from whatever place he came from.
In the credential, you found the address, and found the place after much asking around.
They guild was a nice place, and when the dwarf presented the card, the Guild members took you in without questioning.
The Guild assigned you a couple of jobs, much of them of protection to some members of the city elite, or transportation of goods from one merchant to another.
The late job was assisting the colwd wizards and the authorities of the city to recruit mercenaries for a mission to Spellhold, to which you are assigned to travel too.
As you where there, watching bored at the recruits, you heard the sound of battle outside the building. Your superior ask you to investigate, and there you go!
After turning around the building you see a quite strange assemblage of persons, of different races and professions it seems. In the ground there was a bloodied man, and another, being pointed in the throat by an eldarin with a sword. There's a shifter of feral appearance too, an elf, another eldarin, and a grim Deva
[/sblock]

Tiali

First Post
"Oy! Who goes thar?" Shouts the stubby dwarf, who rounds the corner. He's wearing leather armor, with a warhammer at his side. Around his neck is a small bear pendant. His accent is as thick as his beard, and its difficult to understand him at times.

''Woah!!" Being ignorant to the ways of most the world, and never having seen that many different races in the same spot at the same time, the dwarf is almost speechless; but... he's a dwarf... so he promptly blurts out, "Holy mother o' Moradin!"

After taking a few moments to collect himself, he looks down at the man on the ground. "Oy, bet that 'urt..." He looks up to the person holding a sword to his throat. "So what be going on 'ere?"

Last edited:

Kamaru

First Post
Soveliss smiled inwardly since thankfully he wouldn’t have to actually try and commit arson himself and frame someone. That would have been worse then actually turning the man into the Cowled Mages and watching what they might do he thought.

Civic duty seemed to pay off because now the Eladrin had a name to put to his misfortune in this city, Raman Sors. Whatever that job was Soveliss had a personal interest now to personally see it resolved successfully now. Hopefully Perkiss was still alive somewhere, the thoughts of finding him were put aside as they had a visitor it seemed.

Between how things looked and the supposedly bomb Soveliss would explain to the newcomer the situation while still keeping an eye on the thug incase he tried to make a break for it.

”For what’s going on, these two thugs were trying to break into this establishment to plant a bomb or kind of device for arson. If you’re part of security for this building I’d go and get your boss since I’d like to offer this as my application for that prison island job their boss really doesn’t want it to happened, probably why they have the bomb. I’d like to discuss things with the proprietor as well if you can get me an audience. Let us know if he wants to talk here or inside. But we should probably figure out how to get that bomb not to explode first I guess.” Soveliss explained before stating to Grendel and Immaneul ”Knock him out.” to the others while still having the thug at striking distance as he withdrew a bit.

After the thug is knocked out he’d wait for the dwarf’s response and then tend to Grendel if he needs it.

”You doing better Grendel.” Soveliss asked his new acquaintance smiling slightly.

If the dwarf went for his boss or reinforcements Soveliss would take the time to introduce himself to the group and find out if any of them would want to take part in the job as well.

(OoC: See I post quicker when I'm awake and at a computer)

Rathan

First Post
Grendel would snort once and look to Soveliss once and calm his emotions... he looked down at his now bloody arm and nodded softly as he took a moment to bandage himself up and takes a winded moments rest.... (Spending to healing surges now that we're out of combat... 3 used of my 6 so far today to for 12 HP's back). "Aye my fine friend Soveliss... I'll be quite fine I just need to grasp a hold of my emotions and I'll be fine.. I forgot my manners there a moment I do apologize my good man..." the shifter utters as he sees the newcomer round tghe corner and stands ready to defend he and his new found allies if need be....

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases