Red, Taran, Orim you're up[IC -D&D 4e: Forgotten Realms-] A Paid Trip to Spellhold

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Immarael (Male Eldarin Sorcerer 1) HP:26 Def: 12 - 12/12/16

Immarael accepted Julian's hand and slowly pulls himself to his feet.

The Eladrin mutters "...by Corellan's grace..." as he surveys the carnage and shakes his head at the wanton destruction realizing how lucky he is to be alive. The melange of burning flesh and wood hangs heavily on his clothes and in his hair... and on his face. "It's Immarael, and thank you, Julian. He shakes his head in sadness.

"These were some good and honest folk that died today. I am happy to be alive though." He manages a weak smile.

"This place seems to have a stark contrast of people about. Some people that want to blow you up, and the others that want to help you up. I am not sure if me or my body is going to be able to get used to that."

After taking the scene in he wonders if there is enough left of the ale to take to the warehouse to finish the caravan's journey. 'At least I can do that for them' he thinks to himself.

"Are you from around here, Julian? A healer sounds like a good idea, and so does a place to stay for the night while I stop bleeding." He smiles to who will hopefully be a new found friend in this not-so- friendly city.

Last edited:

Kamaru

First Post
(OoC: Lol Eladrin Luchador)
[sblock=Recap of actions from my point of view]
Mundane. That was the only thing that Soveliss could say that fully encapsulated how his days and their activities had turned to. He had secured two jobs and slowly become to life in the city of Athkatla. He sipped the much needed drink in his hand his ears pricked up as words of a seemingly random conversation made his ears start to burn.

“... And then we burned the whole place to ashes. Was fun I tell you. Petty we didn’t get the old man”
“Yea, well, boss is going to paid us anyway, so what does it matters? That cranky meatbag’s not going to do anything.”
“True. Besides he has no one left, we took care of that.”

The conversation flashed through the young Eladrin’s mind focusing on the things that seemed to link his current frustrations to a reason and answers to why.

Perkiss, burnt house, three months of labor for minuscule wages that left his slightly feeling like a corpse mentally, aggravation, frustrations.

Soveliss was usually a rational person but today rational and logic seemed to escape him as he jolted upright knock his chair back as he made a beeline for the source of the location his vision slowly turning red. His frustration now would be their pain as he flipped the table the drinks and accessories clattering to the ground.

“Wha..” was all one of the men could say before Soveliss delivered a fist to his mouth to shut him up. He wanted answers but his mind was still stuck on causing pain to the two men as he watched the man topple backwards in his chair. Suddenly Soveliss found himself on the ground the second man he had turned his back on taking the opportunity to drop the young Eladrin to the floor.

Getting his senses about him his mind thought to get up as he found himself lifted and slightly disoriented as he felt himself flying as he slammed into a window and out into the street. He could tell he hit something on the way down since he didn’t feel the hard impact of the ground.
[/sblock]
Getting up Soveliss regained his senses a bit and became more level headed. As he got up he realized he had crashed into two thugs. Since they were out he figured he could track the two murders from in the bar. Picking up his things he realized his quarry was out of sight. Turning he spotted someone starting at him as he stood upright. A hairy man watched him. Soveliss’s finally clicked on and started thinking for a change.

“You may have just saved my life friend Eladrin... nice flying leap you did there I must say.. I'm thoroughly impressed yes yes... impressed is the word I think I wanted.. thank you..."
came the man’s voice, it was kinda creepy in a way, sly, slightly quite, almost deliberately trying to imply something. Soveliss couldn’t really tell if it was a bad joke or if he was serious.

A bar fight? What was I thinking, I can’t get any information out of someone beaten half to death. Besides I’ve never fought in a bar before. At least I’m not a regular. I wonder if these two are his friends, from the sound of it I think not, he thought.

“Oh.... so they weren’t friends of yours? That’s good I guess.” Soveliss mentioned he wouldn’t have to try and bluff his way out of fighting, brawling in the street with three people and getting a second trouncing wasn’t on his list of activities tonight. Wondering if he could still find the two from the bar he quickly scanned the area backing up a bit. “If it’s not to much trouble I’m in a bit of a rush with something important. I’ll leave you to deal with them if you don’t mind.” Soveliss already had a mental image of the two burned into his head. Because of his brash actions it’d be much more difficult to try and find them now. Maybe they just thought he was some drunk, he didn’t know for sure as he try to calculate mentally where they might have headed. He started to jug off when he got a slight notion.

Chaotic situations makes strange allies.

“Or you're welcome to join me if you like.” He said as he backed away quickly scanning the area listening for the sound of running and hoping to still be able to spot the two men running away. If the man felt slightly obligated it wouldn't be bad to not get double teamed again.

(OoC: I’d like to try and find the two murders and back out of the situation with the Shifter (Grendel) since I don’t know for sure if I just flailed and knocked out his mates.

SeaPainter

First Post
"Uhm," the wild elf said "you can call me Taran. This is my brother Twiixit. How can you help us?" The elf wears hide armor, on his back an unstringed longbow and a backpack. His darkgreen hair has some plants woven in and he fixes the deva with his amber eyes.

Orim spoke in a hoarse whisper, "I can help in the only way I know how. There is much to be said for specialization. While it is not my area of expertise, I suggest me get to the docks and determine when that ship is leaving."

Twiixt nods to Orim as he is introduced, and looks to his brother with a shrug at the deva's suggestion...

Rathan

First Post
my good fellow I assure you you're in no condition to leave... I haven't even checked you over for minor cuts and bruises.. those are my specialty as of late it seems you're one of three men I've seen tossed out an establishments doors in less then an hour... won't you let me check you for injuries.. you wouldn't want my expertise as a priest to go unspent would you?" the shifter asks as if he was nothing like his kind should be... refined... he spoke well if not for a slight bark-ish accent here and there...

I am hoping you're not after the people that tossed you out on my would be assailants are you?... Do you want a repeat if not worse than before my friend?.... I can't fix dead you know.. just not within my power! the shifter utters as he thrusts an index finger high in the air.. YET!

Haedril

First Post
Julian Drake

Julian hung his head for a moment when Immarael mentions his fallen comrades "I'm sorry you lost your friends" but he quickly went back to his smile and went on "Well, I'm new to the city myself, and have been pretty aimless in my wandering, so before we seek out shelter, allow me a look at that gash, alright?"

Not waiting to see if Immarael would protest, Julian takes his dagger and cuts off his left shirt sleeve to use as a bandage and looks to the eladrin with a smirk "Don't worry, I'm not without some healing art. May I use your waterskin to clean off the blood first? I'm just gonna do a quick job so your not bleeding all over the place"

After a moment, Julian starts chatting on "I've got healing magic too, but word is that arcana is taboo around here for us common folk. And since I barely escaped trouble once today, I'd rather not press my luck to see if my magic is on the no-no list. Nothing a swordsman like you has to worry about though."

[sblock=ooc]
If possible, I'll take a 10 on the heal check, for a total of 14
[/sblock]

Kamaru

First Post
[sblock=Recap my POV]"My good fellow I assure you you're in no condition to leave... I haven't even checked you over for minor cuts and bruises.. those are my specialty as of late it seems you're one of three men I've seen tossed out an establishments doors in less then an hour... won't you let me check you for injuries.. you wouldn't want my expertise as a priest to go unspent would you?" the man explained, the young Eladrin noticed sincere concern it seemed which meant the man to be trustworthy to a point. Although he had never meet someone with such an appearance Soveliss' mind was working on other things as he continued to backstep away as he listened.

"I am hoping you're not after the people that tossed you out on my would be assailants are you?... Do you want a repeat if not worse than before my friend?.... I can't fix dead you know.. just not within my power!" the man advised thrusting an index finger high in the air.. "YET!["/color]
[/sblock]

After checking himself over a bit he deemed he might be a bit banged up but nothing too serious that would impair him in a fight. He had come straight from his job as a bodyguard so in truth he figured he didn't take much damage. Under his cloak his armor seemed fine. His sword hadn't gone flying or clattering into the night so he was good enough for a chance.

"I feel fine for the most part. Sir Priest." Soveliss began to explain, "Besides I blindly scuffled with those two men before. Controlled I can do much worst to them than they have to me I think. I need to find out what happened to my would-be-mentor that they tried to kill and why. Besides I need to pay them back for putting me in my own personnel area of hell for the past three months. I can't really afford to lose this opportunity to find them. Again you're welcome to come along if you like. Those two might think oddly of you if you're still here in a bit." he explained motion towards the two on the ground still.

Mentally he was torn, why was he explaining so much of his business to a total stranger? Had time in the big city alone made him a bit anxious to just talk to someone? And what did he really want out of the two men once he found them, just answers or revenge as well.

Regardless he'd figure it out once he found the pair. Instead of just searching the immediate area blindly he started trying to figure where they would go to hide out and regroup their thoughts. The area wasn't that strange to him and yet he wasn't the expert of the layout of all the streets and back alleys. He was hoping neither were the two men.

Hand on the hilt of his sword he'd quicken his pace to find the pair. He'd been idle for too long and his gut feeling was to push forward to find the two while still cautious he would rapidly pressing onward searching the area in the night gleaming for some clue.

(OoC: Don't know what kinda search this would be or if we just keep RP'n till something happens. Let me know. EDIT: Just noticed Red's post. I'm going with Sov being too focused on a finding the two men and misses the obvious sometimes.)

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: Only one of the beer barrels was destroyed with the fire ball. All the remaining barrels are there, although pulling the wagon will be quite tough for your "delicate" pc. =)

Rathan

First Post
Grendel sighed softly... he could not let the man go in sound mind go and take the risk of being accosted by two men again at once.... they could kill the poor creature....

Name is Grendel actually my friend... and yours?... I can't let you go off to your death on your own my friend.. who will preform your last rights? I will go with you and if they try anything I got this GIANT club to bash them in with.... nasty men tossing fey out windows.. have they NO respect.... savages" said the once savage man himself... fitting words for someone so animalistic looking himself....ummm on second thought... maybe we should get one more... no no... two more... maybe three to help us.... the better number the better yes?... I used the right words yes?" the shifted paused and looked around a bit forgetting he forgot to explain his situation.... I must seem very strange to you yes?.. a diplomatic animal it seems.... well I was taught the ways of civilized man in hopes I could be a correspondence between my tribe and this foul city as food is getting scares for us out there in paths we travel...

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC (Kamaru Ratham Keia): In my other game I pull the strings too much, so I'll let you the freedom of making whatever you want in this one.
If you want to search for the nasty guys, Soveliss and the PCs that want to help him, in this case Grendel and/or Red must succeed a skill check as described below:
6 perception or insight checks DC: 20 or 3 failures
You can aid one character or make your own rolls to booster your chances. The aid DC is 10.
Also, you can attempt a Streetwise check to add a +2 to one of your rolls. You'll remember some secret passage, or a hidden alley. You must state when you make the streetwise check, and if you are going to add it to you roll or to someone else's roll.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases