Red, Taran, Orim you're up[IC -D&D 4e: Forgotten Realms-] A Paid Trip to Spellhold

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: Well no one else posted, so I'll keep on. =(

The group heads back the the house, where they found Ferrmach, pale but alive, recieving madical atention from one of Slim's partners.
He jumps from his seat, but as soon as he stood up, he falls to his chair again, grunting in pain. He manages to raise his head to you "Did you retrieve it?" he asks, frowning in pain.
Galdam notes the map in Red's hands. "You did it! Excelent, where are the two bastards?" he waits for an answer, but before any of you can reply, he gazes at Taran "Who's this?"

Rathan

First Post
"My good man the assassins have been henceforth dispatched and this gentleman is Taran.... we feel his skill and whit could be of use to us in the coming days indeed.... Red has the map there my good sir if you wish to look it over... it IS a little bloodstained.. I went a little crazy on the wouldbe assassins... but otherwise no worse for ware!" the shifter said confidently as he took the role to speak up this time....

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Red, Elven Invoker 1

Red

Red took a solid glance at the map, making certain that it wasn't bloodied or marred in some way, but also trying to retain the important features of the map in her head.

Once the shifter was done speaking, Red held out the map to the mage, wanting to complete the task they had been asked to complete.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Galdam retrieves the map from Red and pass it to the wizard, who examined it. "Perfect, perfect." he sentences.
"Very well, in that case, we shall make the final preparations for your trip.
Your mission is to explore the left overs of Spellhold, the ancient wizard prison, that was abandoned years ago. The Cowled Wizards believe that there is an artefact there, that's incomplete. They have detected abnormal arcane activity emanating from Spellhold, performed a few rituals and determined that there's "something" or "someone" working on the artefact, but their vision is blurred at this point. They argue that perhaps the spell shield that protected the island might be interfering in their divinations. Anyhow, they have determined that's just not good for the interests of the city. We suspect that the Shadow thieves might be involved in this, and who knows who else; there were many interns in Spellhold, most of them mad, but we are sure that some of them are still alive, and lurking the halls of the wizard's prision, so you must be extremely careful: I do not need to say that the ones that are still breathing will probably be the most dangerous, so don't hesitate in fleeing the place if the scene gets nasty..
A group of druids from the local Druidic circle, journey there last week, to perform some rituals to the spirits. They never came back.
We need to determine the nature of the artefact, and who's behind it's construction or repair; and specially, what they intent to do with it.
The ship will depart tomorrow morning. Mister Taran, if they say you have what's necessary for this mission, I trust you do.
Questions?"

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
[OOC: I apologize for taking so long to reply. My wife just delivered our baby v a C-Section and we have been at the hospital since Monday. We are home finally and I will post, if it is still OK, most likely, tomorrow!

Sorry for being absent. =)
]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=Congratulations!] Big congrats to you and your wife! First child, or a new addition to the family?[/sblock]

Orim watches the entire exchange grimly, moving a few inches closer to Red when they mention how dangerous this mission could be.

My very presence here tells me that The Loyal Fury has blessed this journey. You will have your artifact, and whatever troubles this ruin will soon rue the day it's designs crossed the divine will of Torm.

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Immarael (Male Eldarin Sorcerer 1) Init: +2; HP: 26 Def: 12 - 12/12/16

Concern washes over Immarael as the realization that they will most likely be facing off against trained, and albeit insane, casters. He has had some of the finest mentors in the Autumn Court during his days there, but nothing can compare to real combat with trained and wily arcane casters.

In the Dales he has fought against the crude Goblinoid shamans before, and even a Hobgoblin War Caster, which was no easy task, but never a real and determined wizard.

He looks around to the rest of the group and reflects for a moment at how the combat went with the group and color slowly returns to his face. To himself, he shakes his head confident that it won't be as bad as his imagination might wander.

"Perhaps general supplies would be in order, like food, climbing gear, and light sources as a part of our accepting the job?

There seems to be many working against us, so the sooner we leave the better.
" he says nervously to the Cowled Wizard in specific and to everyone in general.

[OOC: Thank you! It is a little girl named Uliana (oo-liana). My wife is Russian and we chose a Russian name for her. We spent our first full day at home today. Yea! It is so good to be home. ]

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: congratulations for your daughter (got a Russian name myself).

The first unfriendliness from Galdam causes the eyes of Taran to become feline for a short moment. But as he spoke of the other druids hes says: "I'm a druid, too. Perhaps I can help, if we meet the missing circle."

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Taran
Perception: 21 Insight: 14 Low-Light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 14 Will 15
Hit Points: 31/31 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 7 Surges per day: 9/9
At-Will Powers: Wild Shape, Chill Wind, Savage Rend, Storm Spike
Encounter Powers: Elven Accuracy, Darting Bite
Daily Powers: Faerie Fire