- Emerald Cabal (even though he may not know it)
- PC's to be
- His sister and family's contacts
- Cowled Wizards since Immarael is an unlicensed Arcane Caster
- Perhaps his disaffected family members since he left without even saying good-bye
- a rival noble family's influence is here and desires to take care of the prodigal son
He is a little afraid of getting in over his head and losing perspective.
Political work is not his strength and hopes that his naivity and lack of experience with it does not get him in trouble or endanger the lives of others.
Background and History:
found himself the child of a noble family in Evermeet
and favored due to his sorcerous blood. All of these things he never really cared for and everyone made a big deal about it which made him a little bit uncomfortable by putting him in the spot light. "Much ado about nothing.
" he thought. "It is just me, Immarael
He sought the solidtude of Evermeet's labyrinthine court to delve deeper into the raw magic that burned and longed to be ignited in his blood. His younger sister
understood him, and always managed to find him out there, and he always appreciated her company.
His family set him up with an esteemed position in the Autmn Court. He found their political play annoying and prone to beating around the bush and not getting things done. They seemed to be more concerned with saving face and propriety than solving the problem and making their peoples' lives better.
He tried to talk with the people and champion there causes, but he was just rebuffed, and pushed out the the way. After several attempts Immarael found himself annoyed and dissilusioned with all of the politics of the Autumn Court and their workings, so he just left the Court of Evermeet, and his his assigned and quiet court work that his family arranged for him. The only person he talked to before leaving was his sister, who begged him to stay to no avail. He then found the nearest portal to Toril to start his life anew and to make a difference.
He started his life anew in the Dalelands working with the local Daggerdale
militias to defeat local threats to their community and found sword play rather necessary to protect himself from threats that got too close and spells ran out.
He also championed some of their peoples' causes as he could with some success. He did not have a knack for the politics, but was always able to find out who to talk to, and have the right people go talk to make stuff happen.
After hearing various tales of Amn's laws about the Arcane he joined merchants passing through which brought him to Amn. The thought of the ultimate cause to champion and work for brought a concerned smile to his face.
During the trip there saught as much info on those that were allowed - the Coweled Wizards and those who fought against their oppressive laws. Immediatly upon entereing the city he was rather decisively accosted by ruffians
and told to leave. Taking exception to this he did fight back with his sword, killing several thugs in the process, but it turns out that they had more friends. What he assumed was a Cowled Wizard blasted the rest of the ruffians leaving him alone with the smell of buring flesh, and then disappeared into the crowd. Immarael was left alone after that, but 'the eyes' were watching him. He could feel it. He currently searches for a way to join the Emerald Cabal so he can assist in their cause to free up the Arcane arts in Amn.
Who are these people
I was hoping to leave most of this to you to play with, but here are some of my ideas:
- Ruffians - small group of roguish people looking to prove themselves to the Shadow Thieves
- Ruffians - a local merchant from the caravan who found me potentially interesting or foolish, and decided to send his thugs after me to keep from getting myself killed here.
- Ruffians/Wizard - one of the 'Merchants' was secretly a member of the cabal and wanted to keep me from entering, or to keep alive as a potential member
- Ruffians and/or Wizard - independent members of my family's network that happened to get wind of my location and tried to dissuade me from entering Amn
- Ruffians and/or Wizard - members of the Emerald Cabal/Cowled Wizards who caught wind of me and were testing me. (Most likely the Cabal otherwise I might be deadish =) )
- Ruffians - members of my dishonored family's network looking to save face
- Ruffians - members an rival Eladrin house looking to get rid of one of their rival's prodigal son's
- Ruffians - minions of Daggerdales' enemies wanting some payback for killing their peeps.