Weird thread issue (?)

Aus_Snow

First Post
Hm. Is it just me, my browser or whatever, or is this 'thread' (i.e., post) [ http://www.enworld.org/forum/genera...-woot-grs-book-fiends-others-print-print.html ] a bit strange to you as well?

I mean, if you click on the actual forum link for the thread, what you see is what I linked to there. The printer-friendly version, presumably. Is it anything to do with the fact that the thread's actual title ends in, 'in PRINT!' ? Could that be adding an extra '-print' to the URL (see the actual address for the link I posted above - it's got two lots of '-print' at the end, before '.html') in some weird way? I don't understand how these things work (obviously, I suppose!) but yeah, that thread is a bit wonky, at least as far as I can tell.

If that doesn't seem to make sense, or to matter, essentially the biggest problem is that I can't seem to access the non-print-friendly (i.e., default) version of the thread, and as a result, appear to be unable to respond.

Last edited:

Shadowsong666

First Post
Hm. Is it just me, my browser or whatever, or is this 'thread' (i.e., post) [ http://www.enworld.org/forum/genera...-woot-grs-book-fiends-others-print-print.html ] a bit strange to you as well?

I mean, if you click on the actual forum link for the thread, what you see is what I linked to there. The printer-friendly version, presumably. Is it anything to do with the fact that the thread's actual title ends in, 'in PRINT!' ? Could that be adding an extra '-print' to the URL (see the actual address for the link I posted above - it's got two lots of '-print' at the end, before '.html') in some weird way? I don't understand how these things work (obviously, I suppose!) but yeah, that thread is a bit wonky, at least as far as I can tell.

If that doesn't seem to make sense, or to matter, essentially the biggest problem is that I can't seem to access the non-print-friendly (i.e., default) version of the thread, and as a result, appear to be unable to respond.

Thats a problem with the url-rewrite imho. the ending -print gets you to the print friendly version of the thread, but as print is not excluded as a term in the url-rewrite it creats the problem.

If you take a look at the link you see that words like "of, and, in" are already cut out of the created rewritten url. So all they need to do is get rid of print too imho and all should be fine (i hope). ^^

So you are not alone with the problem. :)

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Ok, fixed it. Just PM me next time you want to bring something to my attention. :) (Everyone has access to the PM system now.)

Remove ads