D&D's Army

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
It is not meant in humor, for the situation is too serious for humor.

"the situation"? Too serious?

Hunger, war, strife, disease - some folks may find these things too serious to joke about, and I could understand that. But gaming is nowhere near those things. This is a hobby, an amusement, a way to pass the time with friends. People did this for millennia without RPGs, and would continue well enough without them, if they had to.

One of the major problems on these boards, that has caused much of our internal friction on EN World, is that people failed to understand that this is just a game, and what edition is in print/supported/superior/whatever is not worth getting angry at each other about - that the game isn't as important as people. We took our hobby too seriously, and paid a rather nasty price for it.

If we'd only kept perspective, we'd have been better off. So, with respect, to your, "too serious for humor," I say, "Plbtltltplt!"

Last edited:

Raven Crowking

First Post
I will certainly support D&D until the day I die. But I don't think that the situation is serious or dire. If nothing else, the OGL assures that D&D will live on, even if the D&D trademark dies.

RC

jbear

First Post
I sign on for me and my five stalwart players who I have introduced to D&D inthelast 2 years and for the 5 stalwart kids (5 -7 year olds) I have introduced to D&D half a year ago and love it and for my 5 year old son who begs for me to play Dungeons with him whenever we get a spare moment.

Hogart, Tanisa, Tron, Sylveria, Gorna, Hector, Mufeta, Dragon Rojo, Gata Negra, Salmira, Jbear

baradtgnome

First Post
Barad The Gnome.

Here is to good friends brought together through a game well played. Huzzah. I can say that some around our gaming table have been together over 30 years. That is the serious part of the business. Long live D&D as a way to have fun, adventure, humor & creativity with those few we call friends.

nedjer

Adventurer
These games cannot be allowed to die; not while subversive organisations like the Sealed Knot seek to steal our imaginations and lock them away in a endless Cromwellian Groundhog Day.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases