Please use above temp forum for threads on piracy, WotC management & PDF policy

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Heh. See Piratecat's post below. When I merged Nifft's thread into Piratecat's, I missed that Nifft's post was made slightly earlier. (Can't currently split threads, either.) Sorry, folks. :eek:
-Darkness

Thank you

... for this (temporary) forum.
Great idea.

Cheers, -- N

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Personally, I have been posting to both the WotC policy/informational threads and gaming threads (and was even told at one point to keep one of the policy/informational threads rather narrow in scope, in essence to start a new thread with the additional question). I'm surprised that this extra forum is being created to move threads out of the General forum that are only on its first page because people are obviously more interested in them than otherwise. It will probably only squelch discussion when the simpler solution would have been to just combine a couple of the threads that were essentially on the same topic or related topics.

Treebore

First Post
Personally, I have been posting to both the WotC policy/informational threads and gaming threads (and was even told at one point to keep one of the policy/informational threads rather narrow in scope, in essence to start a new thread with the additional question). I'm surprised that this extra forum is being created to move threads out of the General forum that are only on its first page because people are obviously more interested in them than otherwise. It will probably only squelch discussion when the simpler solution would have been to just combine a couple of the threads that were essentially on the same topic or related topics.

Its because of that 10:1 ratio thing. For every 10 people interested in the discussions, 1 has been privately complaining about how threads they don't have to even read get in the way of their ability to find and post to threads they are interested in.

After all, the server was getting overloaded by the people rushing to ENWorld to read and discuss the release of the PHB2, not about the loss of PDF's. The majority must be accomodated.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Its because of that 10:1 ratio thing. For every 10 people interested in the discussions, 1 has been privately complaining about how threads they don't have to even read get in the way of their ability to find and post to threads they are interested in.

After all, the server was getting overloaded by the people rushing to ENWorld to read and discuss the release of the PHB2, not about the loss of PDF's. The majority must be accomodated.

I think it has more to do with the snarkiness level. Obviously, something had to be done. While I do not necessarily agree with the course, I do agree with the motivation that led to the decision.

Remove ads