Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant Rising Season 1

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Jemal said:
The Agent also reflexively ducks away, but the dynamite fails to ignite. "Jeez... wait, is that still active? Whatever, I'll deal with it, you guys just get out of here. OH, and.. Uh.. Shifter." he shrugs at Nightshift, "(I doubt you wanna share your name yet, but I gotta call you something.) Don't forget to call."
Nightshift pats the tucked-in card, though his steps and attention are directed at the greatest threat present : namely the bomb. "Didn't have time to disconnect the cap." He holds up the cigarette-thin aluminium cylinder, red wires trailing. "You got a wire cutter?"

Rawling looks up as light spills from the hole in the ceiling and a thundering voice is heard over the eggbeater sweeps of whirling blades. He can see the dark outlines of the female reporter up there and, more problematic, the red-white-and-blue kid... "Charlie Brown."

Well, one thing at a time. He extends his left hand - "To me!" - and closes it on Cassandra's. "Welcome back green eyes," he says before raising his voice, "Jump down! She's safe!"

<Response Red Impulse?>

He hasn't let go of her hand. In fact, she can feel the same warmth flooding out from it as she felt before, when he first took her to the roof. "Anything you can do for him?" he softly asks, concerned.

<He's refering to the kid on the roof, of course. Response Cassandra?>

[sblock=Actions]Free=Seize Initiative to act before Red Impulse and Cassandra
Move=Disarm bomb as a Manipulate an object move-equivalent action (all that's left is to either cut the wires or unwrap the ducttape and untwine them if no cutter or equivalent is available). If not then the job is still ongoing.
Free=Activate the To Me teleport he set on Cassandra 2 rounds ago.
Standard= put another To Me teleport on her.

HERO POINTS: 2 used, none left
HEALTH: Fatigued
DEFENSE bonus: 20 [10 + 3Base + 7Shield power] ---> FLATFOOTED 11
TOUGH 10 [0Base + 3con + 7Costume power]
FORT 3 [0Base + 3con]
REF 7 [4Base + 3dex] (Area effect = no dam on succ save)
WILL 10 [8Base + 2Wis][/sblock][sblock=Future guidelines]Hey there, Jemal! Next round, assuming the kid is safe and the bomb is disarmed:

To the Agent: "Give the kid a card, will you? He seems to need the help."

To the kid: "Glad you're safe, son... BUT, if you'd waited three seconds longer before acting, *this* would've happened:". To The Crystal: "Think light thoughts," then double move teleport, first 1000' up through the hole in the roof then down to a quiet rooftop with cover from the heli (under the com tower he first squatted?) or, if he can manage, within one of the surrounding buildings in a room free of snippers. Once he's sure the place is fairly secure, activate both To Me teleports, one on each hand, bringing Cassandra and Gordon to him.[/sblock][sblock="Jemal and Renau1g only, please"]IDEA=With Renau1g's blessing, we could do a bit of metagaming and say The Crystal is too heavy to teleport in his crystal form. He'd then be forced to change to his human form before Rawling can pull him through. Nice way to get the Secret identity/Heroic motivation side thread going (and imagine Rawling's face when Gordon appears instead :)).

I think it would be interresting roleplay, but YMMV, of course. Let me know what you think.[/sblock]_______________________________________________________
Binder Fred, hopefully back soon.

Shayuri

First Post
Cassandra wobbles, trying to adjust to the sudden change in scenery. She looks up and squints a little.

"I could lower him down, I guess," she says uncertainly. "But I don't know if it's a good idea. Last time I tried to move a person I accidentally almost threw him into orbit..."

Arkhandus

First Post
Bob blinks. "Where'd ya go?!?!" Then he hears the voice from below, and the government folks. "Uh oh....." he mutters. He looks around, keeping his psychokinetic field active, and looks at the kid on the roof. Bob jumps down "We gotta goooo!"

[sblock=action]If Bob sees whoever this kid on the roof is, he'll grab 'em and jump down with 'em. Otherwise he jumps down alone.

Acrobatics check of 25 to jump down safely.....I'm not quite sure how jumping down works. Does my check just apply towards reducing the effective falling distance by 10 feet, or do I jump down safely with my Leaping power? As far as I can tell my Leaping power lets me jump down safely since it's within my allowed jumping distance......
1d20+5=25 [/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

"No time to talk. Time to leave." Robert begins to ferry people out of the area before the agents can get to them. He takes them away from the school to a back alley. Within seconds everyone should be moved.

Jemal

Adventurer
The Agent hands Bob a Card "Don't loose that or give it away, and call me in an hour." He waves Them on and kneels to take care of the dynamite while Robert grabs Bob, zipping out, and Nightshift bamfs his way to safety.

"Uh.. You Might wanna change back, big red - Not sure how much weight he can pull."

[sblock=ooc]
Arkhandus - The 'kid' they were talking about was you. It was just you and Cassandra up there, she got teleported down then they were talking about getting you down. As to the jumping, I'll use the standard acrobatics check to negate falling damage, and let you add your leaping distance to it if you jump down on purpose. I'll count the down-jump as half distance, so it would be (str mod + 20) feet down is how far you can 'ignore' before making the acrobatics check. A 25 would reduce it by an additional 20', so you could jump up to 41 feet straight down with an action(Minimum 21). The library's not that tall, so no damage.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Renau1g/Binder]
I like the idea, we'll leave it up to Renau1g's Character[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"Wait," Cassandra says uncertainly, "I don't even know what's..."

There's a whoosh, and a sudden wind assaults her, along with a dizzying sense of vertigo...and then she's in a back alley, thanks to some guy who's just letting go of her.

She wobbles on her feet and holds up a finger, trying to forestall him. "Who ARE..."

...but he's gone again.

Frustrated and thoroughly confused, Cass turns to look at the others he's brought here.

"Would someone just explain what's going on? Who were these guys in the school...and who are these government agents and why are they here...and who are YOU guys?! Am I being kidnapped, or can I go back before...oh god, Vic's gonna kill me."

Her hands find the camera, now hung around her neck by its cord, and she feels some relief. Here at least was something familiar to hold onto.

renau1g

First Post
"Uh.. You Might wanna change back, big red - Not sure how much weight he can pull."

[sblock=Renau1g/Binder]
I like the idea, we'll leave it up to Renau1g's Character[/sblock]

The Crystal seems to be considering it for a moment, then resigning himself to the fact, focuses for a moment and the red crystals begin receding from his body, retreating back into his skin. Looking at Nightshift, "Ok I'm ready"

[sblock=Nightshift]
Are you wearing a mask or other face covering
[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc/Bump]OK, I know I give other people hell for doing OOC only stuff in the IC thread, but I'm the DM, so I get to break my own rules. Besides this thread needs a bump.

As far as I can tell:
Gordon, Nightshift, and Cassandra are together after the teleport.
Robert has once again zipped Bobby away with his speed.
Gordon is in his 'real' form, so Nightshift likely recognizes him (Though nightshift is wearing a mask, so Gordon doesn't recognzime HIM).
Bobby and Nightshift both have Cards from the Agent, and instructions to call him in an hour
Cassandra has her camera.
Your guys' move, I need a general "Who's doing what" for the next hour In Game before I can move the story forward. Feel free to continue roleplaying amongst each other, or just 'I go home and wait', so long as I know whats going on.

I'll auto-pilot people on Wednesday if they haven't done anything by then.[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Robert turns toward Bob. "Well! That was interesting. What now? Back to my place? I wonder how long it will take those suits to track me down as well."

Arkhandus

First Post
"Well," Bobby replies, "that was kind of fun, but short....I should probably go get my cellphone, I uh....left it at home cuz I thought they might track me down with it. That's what they do in the comic books, the men in black with black helicopters always track folks down by their cellphones and other tech stuff. But that guy said I should call him......I think he might know something about what the heck is going on. Of course I won't call him from anywhere near my house or yours.....but can ya run me back home to get my cell? I'll turn it off until it's time to call that guy, and go a few blocks away or something before I turn it on."
[sblock=ooc]I was just waiting to see what the others were going to say or do when we all got out of there. As far as they knew, he was just some goofball in a comic-bookish silly costume that showed up suddenly, complained, and jumped up to the roof....and he didn't really know what exactly was going on in there.

Bob will basically do exactly what he said, but will chat with the other strangers if they talk before Rob takes off.[/sblock]

Remove ads