Siege Of Bordrin's Watch

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
ROUND 2 - Part II

After being crushed by the orcs previously, Wendigo pauses a moment to catch his breath. (Hold action)

Dorn takes the opportunity to sing an inspiring dwarven hymn that Wendigo likely remembers from his youth. It strengthens the shifter's resolve and he steps boldly forward. (Minor action: Majestic Word on Wendigo: heals 8 + 4 = 12 HP / shifts him 1 square to G16) The half-elf then moves aside the monk, (Move action to F16) and catches the berserker with a cunning strike, cutting with surprising ferocity. Strike the fool while he's pained! (Cunning Strike vs Berserker Ref 13: [21] *hit* / [6] damage / all allies gain +2 to damage vs Berserker until end of Dorn’s next turn)

Bolstered by Dorn's words, Wendigo moves away from the orc berzerker, using his own spirit to give him further energy. (Minor action: Harmonious Discipline: +4 THP) Using his great speed to move around the column, the shifter sees his orc adversary once more and Wendigo closes the distance. (Move action to G21: triggers OAs from Berserker and G20)

As he hurried past the berserker, the orc’s bloodrage cannot stop him from taking a wild swing at the monk with his great axe, which unfortunately for him goes wide. (Melee Basic Attack vs Wendigo AC 20: [5] + 8 = 13 *miss*) This opens the underside of his body to Henry, who tries to sneak in a cut with his polearm… and the warrior connects with his! (Melee Basic Attack vs Berserker AC 15: [18] + 8 = 26 *hit* / [2] + 5 = 7 damage)

Wendigo comes around the large pillar and cuts across the orog militant’s field of view, which allows the orog to try and catch the monk as well. Despite Wendigo’s agility, the orog is successful, and Wendigo takes a slice across his upper thigh from the militant’s bastard sword (Melee Basic Attack vs Wendigo AC 20: [13] + 10 = 23 *hit* / [5] + 4 = 9 - 4 THP = 5 damage and target is marked until end of orog’s next turn)

As the monk shifts into place, he snaps a kick out at the orc's leg, quickly following it up with a punch towards its ugly face. The attacks are *devastating*, and the monk’s fist hits with such force that it snaps the orog’s neck back and drops him to the ground in a heap. (Dancing Cobra vs G20 Ref 13: [11] + 10 = 21 *hit* / [8] + 5 + 4 + 4 = 21 damage *dead*)

From the top of the high staircase, Gloomblade sees all the action taking place on the far side of the statue… and sensing an opportunity to strike the big target, he slips away from the lesser chattle and dashes across the battlefield. (Move action to J14) As his comes in from the north, he spies a space between the fighter and bard… and with incredible agility and momentum he bounces and springs into the space, although his sword swing gets parried as it comes in. (Charge action: Move to G17 / Handspring Assault vs Berserker AC 15: [12] *miss*) To his credit, however, Gloomblade maintains the arc of his blade even after the greataxe blocked his swing, and he brings it back around and up and over and embeds it into the berserker’s shoulder! (Free action: Nasty Backswing + Furious Assault vs Berserker AC 15: [22] *hit* / [6] + 8 + 3 FA + 9 SA + 2 Dorn = 28 damage) The halfork then skips lithely out of the orc’s line of sight. (Shift to F17)

With the second orog having fallen from the stairs and Gloomblade skipping away, Galatea now has more space with which to move. They don't have a chance, she thinks to herself, as she growls and attacks with her jackal jaws. She snaps at the militant’s knee and rips out a hunk of flesh, which dazes him with a sharp bolt of agonizing pain (Predator’s Flurry vs R17 Ref 13: [6] + 8 = 14 *hit* / [5] + 6 = 11 damage / target dazed until end of Gala’s next turn) She then quickly skitters backwards and down the tall staircase, in order to leap upon the orog laying prone on the hard stone. She rakes him with her claws, and this also dazes the enemy with a bolt of pain. (Shift to O18 / Predator’s Flurry vs P18 Ref 13: [17] + 8 + 2 CA = 27 *hit* / [3] + 6 = 9 damage / target dazed until end of Gala’s next turn)

The berserker screams bloody murder as he is besieged on all sides, but his anger remains directed at the human who has hurt him more than anyone. He whirls his greataxe at Henry with as much force as he can, and the fighter is not able to get his halberd up to parry the blow. It not only connects, but the Warrior’s Surge re-energizes the bloodied berserker. (Warrior’s Surge vs Henry AC 19: [15] + 8 - 2 = 21 *hit* / [7] + 5 = 12 damage / berserker regains 16 HP if bloodied) As soon as this happens, however, the power of Moradin smites him for not accepting his gracious offer of peace. (Offering Of Justice not accepted: 14 damage)

The orog militant still up in the cell starts limping out on his bum leg and slowly makes his way down the stairs, trying to follow up on the druid that bit him. (Dazed action: Move to N17) The other orog groans in pain as he pulls himself up and back to his feet, his eyes narrowed in furioys anger at the jackal that is hunched above him. (Dazed action: Stand up from prone)

We then return back to the top of the fight.

23 Henry 33/45
16 Tregar
13 Dorn
14 Wendigo 21/34
11 Gloomblade
22 Gala
9 Orc Berserker -43 / marked by Henry / -2 to attack until end of Henry’s next turn / +2 to damage against him until end of Dorn’s next turn
9 Orog Militant G20 -51 dead
9 Orog Militant N17 -33 bloodied / dazed until end of Gala’s next turn
9 Orog Militant P18 -38 bloodied / dazed until end of Gala’s next turn

round2b.png

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Great to start it back up again. Quick Question: with the beserker acting did it take the 14 Radiant damage from my Offering of Jusitce power? Just wanted to confirm

Thanks!
[/sblock]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Great to start it back up again. Quick Question: with the beserker acting did it take the 14 Radiant damage from my Offering of Jusitce power? Just wanted to confirm.

I had forgotten that one... thanx for reminding me. I've edited the post to add the 14 damage into his action.

Good to be back!

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=DEFCON]Should I be at 21 hp at the start of my turn? (26+4 where the four is the temp hp.) Five damage after the thp puts me at 21 right?[/sblock]

Wendigo sees the elf/jackal cornered. His legs pump as he sprints over to her. With a mental thought his plain-colored clothes harden his skin, giving him resilience. Inside the guard of the orc, the shifter elbows the orc in the throat and follows it up with a knee to the gut.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Activate Stoneskin robes(gain 5 thp).
Move: Move to M17(10 squares, dance of swords move technique, careful to avoid OA).
Standard: Dance of swords on N17, free to flurry it adding 5 damage if I hit(total 25). dance of swords vs reflex of N17 with combat adv (1d20+12=15, 2d8+7=21) Free: Flurry of blows on N17 and activate fleshseeker unarmed strike( +1 on next attack roll)[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Wendigo Razorclaw shifter monk 3
Initiative: +5; Low-light vision; Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15
HP: 21+5/34, Bloodied: 17, Surge: 8, Surges left: 7/8
AC: 18, Fort: 14, Reflex: 17, Will: 17 — Speed: 6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Dancing Cobra
Five Storms
Drunken Monkey
Dance of Swords
Harmonious Discipline

Razorclaw Shifting
Fleshseeker Unarmed Strike
Stoneskin Robes

Whirling Mantis Step
[/sblock]

Last edited:

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Should I be at 21 hp at the start of my turn? (26+4 where the four is the temp hp.) Five damage after the thp puts me at 21 right?

You're right. I had added 4 HPs to give you 25 because I thought I had done all math previously using your 30 HP listing (so I added 4 to both your max total and current total). But having just now gone back to check the past round, I realize that I had started you and the math at 34 HPs, I just mistyped it at 30 in the initiative list. (You took 14 from the berserker, 6 from the militant, total of 20 damage, 34 - 20 = 14 as I had listed.

I've gone above to edit things back the way they should be. Thanx for keeping an eye out! :)

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
The howl of the jackal sounds distant to those that hear it, but to the Orogs' ears, it is loud, and immediate, and threatening. Gala's tail brushes along the large column behind her, as she uses it to guide her sidestep. She then springs on one of the wounded Orogs, her claws raking its already mutilated flesh.

[sblock=Actions Round 3]
Gala shifts to O19, and attacks the Orog at P 18 with Grasping Claws (+8 vs. AC, 1d8+6 if successful; victim slowed.

Will use Elven accuracy if attack fails.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Stat Block]
Gala - Elf Druid 3
Passive Perception: 23, Passive Insight: 15
AC: 20, Fort: 14, Ref: 18, Will: 19 -- Speed: 8
HP: 34/34, Bloodied: 17, Surge Value: 8, Surges/Day 8/8
Initiative +9, Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used

Powers, Inherent:
At Will: Grasping Claws (Melee Basic Attack), Pounce, Call of the Beast
Encounter: Elven Accuracy, Cull the Herd, Predator's Flurry
Daily: Savage Frenzy, Fleet Pursuit

Powers, Item:
Daily: Predator Armor (+1 to attack and damage against an enemy that shifts).
[/sblock]

The Digger

First Post
The strike from the orc jolted Henry and reminded him of the folly of getting too close. He nimbly jinked backwards and, from a short distance away, brought his halberd crashing down on the enraged greenskin before him.

[sblock=OOC]Shift to H15: Brash Strike: 18 vs AC; 16 damage. Henry grants CA to the Berserker till start of my next turn.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]Initiative: +6; Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13
HP: 40, Bloodied: 22, Surge: 11, Surges left: 10/10
AC: 19, Fort: 19, Reflex: 15, Will: 15 — Speed: 5
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
COLOR=lime]Reaping Strike
Cleave
Brash Strike[/COLOR]
Steel Serpent Strike
Passing Attack
[Flesh Seeker Halberd]
[Screaming Armour]
(Haunted Veteran)

Villains Menace
Boundless Endurance[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Round 3

Tregar sees Gala about to be overwhelmed by their enemies and he levels his staff at the pair of Orogs. Two bolts of lightning fly out, shaped like hammers, and slam into the foes.

[sblock=OOC]
Move: n/a
Standard: DIvine Bolts at N17 & P18 (assuming I have LOE, if not switch P18 to Orc Beserker.Vs Ref (N17); Vs Ref (P18); Lightning dmg (1d20+7=21, 1d20+7=26, 1d6+5=11) Hits 21 Ref for N17 & 26 Ref for P18 (or beserker) for 11 lightning damage
Minor: n/a
[/sblock]

[sblock=MiniMe]
Tregar—Male Dwarf Invoker 3
Initiative: +1, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 20
AC: 18, Fort: 18, Reflex: 15, Will: 18— Speed:5
HP: 41/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge: 10, Surges left: 10/10
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Vanguard's Lightning
Divine Bolts

Channel Divinity
Thunder of Judgement
Offering of Justice

Summon Angel of Fire
Wall of Light
Dwarven Chainmail +1
[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
[sblock=Dorn or Henry]
OOC: Is there any way one of your characters could shift to G16 so Gloomblade could then shift and get a flank against the Berserker?[/sblock]

Remove ads