What's on your mind?
+ Log in or register to post
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Friday, 8 May, 2009
Friday, 8th May, 2009, 12:48 PM #1
Time Agent (Lvl 24)
- Join Date
- Jan 2002
- Read 20 Reviews
- Blog Entries
ø Ignore Morrus
Friday, 8 May, 2009
- [imager]http://www.enworld.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=40110&stc=1&d=12417883 99[/imager]Lurn' em Good Boy! Lurn 'em Good! This week in The Analog Gamer we discuss the role education plays in traditional role playing games, with the announcement of the Dragon Age box set and D&D Test Drive now more than ever publishers are hunting new blood and players and GMs need to understand their role as teachers and mentors for our hobby activities.
- Interview with Lead Designer of Pathfinder Interview and some small spoilers for the Pathfinder RPG from Jason Bulmahn, lead designer of the Pathfinder RPG.
- More options for Hexographer hex mapper Users can now customize the background colors and icon sizes of each terrain type as well as change the colors of individually placed symbols.
- Mother's Day Sale Generic Universe Publishing is celebrating Mother's Day with a 25% discount now through May 10th (Mother's Day in the US).
- Official D&D Updates:
- 4E Monster Manual Art Gallery Before the Monster Manual 2 releases later this month, we wanted to first present the art gallery from the first Monster Manual. Over 300 creatures, from aboleth to zombie!
- Fiction: Black Crusade: Chapter 16 "You're a lunatic, you are! A madman and a fool!" Diederic merely sighed. "What would you have me do, Violca?"
- [sub] Game Transparency "Game transparency" is the amount of purely game information that's shared between the DM and players. Even DMs who understand the value of game transparency can struggle with the right balance of sharing and secrecy.
- Dangerous Delves D&D Miniatures This installment wraps up the regularly-scheduled previews of Dangerous Delves. To close things up with a bang, we have a dragon, two devils, a grimlock, and a way big scorpion. Watch out for that stinger!
- Excerpts: MM2 Beholder Ultimate Tyrant In today’s final Monster Manual 2 preview, we present the most fearsome eye tyrant of all -- the Beholder Ultimate Tyrant!
Some Early D&DI information:Hey guys. I posted this over on our forums, but I wanted to make sure you guys had it here for you own discussions/perusal. Just an early look at things that should be showing up in the next update for Character Builder and Compendium and a bit about some possible future developer support:
- Character Builder/Compendium Update - Starting on Tuesday, June 2nd, we will release new updates for the D&D Character Builder and the D&D Compendium on the first Tuesday of every month instead of the fourth Tuesday. The scheduled May 26th update will be moved to June 2nd, and updates will fall on the first Tuesday of every month going forward.
- Hybrid Classes – Originally we held off on including the Hybrid Class rules in the Character Builder because of the heavy playtest nature of the rules. You guys have given us a lot of feedback and R&D is behind it too, so it looks like we’ll be seeing Hybrid Class rules in the June update to Character Builder.
- Monk Playtest – With the way information is compiled and added to the Character Builder and Compendium, it generally takes four to eight weeks to get Dragon content into the tools. We all want to get our hands on the monk, and the devs must love us because it looks like we’ll be getting the Monk in the Character Builder and Compendium on the June 2nd update.
The info I glanced over had some more stuff about the basic data updates we get every month and some neat things such as resizing windows on your character sheet, but you’ll have to wait for the official announcement to read more on those and the things I already mentioned above. That official announcement goes up the week before the update hits and we’ll make sure to link it for you. Of course, we’re still a few weeks out and things could change, but I wanted to give you guys a peek at what’s on the docket.
In related sneak peek news, we are working on another project in the same vein as the XML output version for Character Builder, with the intention of getting more information into the hands of people who want to make tools that interact with the Character Builder and Compendium. You can check out Don's blog to get an idea of the type of information you might see included in this project. I have no clue when we’ll have something like this compiled and ready for people, but I knew some of you would be interested to hear about it.
- EN World
- has no influence
- on advertisings
- that are displayed by
- Google Adsense