Gaming W/Jemal: Legends Chapter 1

Jemal

Adventurer
A common log cabin nestled in the forest, a hundred feet from a lake. It is peaceful, secluded, and relaxing. Had you not allready known who awaited you here, it would have seemed like nothing more than it's appearance suggested.
As each of you arrived, however, the old man appeared to greet you loudly, announcing you and introducing you to those who were allready there.

"Adamas the Sylvan Myth"
"Arineil Silverwing, Heavenly Daughter"
"Chevik Quintillion, Son of the Knowledge Seeker."
"Damien, the 12th Raven"
"Oroz Brook, who Sails the Winds."
"Sabastian the Scheemer"
"Sigil, Once and Future Queen of Summer"
"Silivrenniel, The Sunkeeper"
"Tagret Artalen, Of the River's Strength"

He informed each of you that your bloodline was being called upon in the land's time of need, and that he would guide you on your path.

The new moon, he kept telling you. On the eve of the new moon your companions would be assembled, and then he would seek his vision. Now around the fire you sit, awaiting the old man's vision. For two hours he sits there silently, floating above the flames, the smoke swirling around him, the stillness broken only by the dancing of the magical flames.

"I see Darkness." His voice rings out into the silence "A great darkness spreads across a once proud nation. It fell long ago, before the memories of the present time. Overgrown now, it has sunk into a murky swamp, long forgotten. Deep in the heart of this once great land, I see a decaying temple.. a prison for the one who nearly destroyed the world. A Dark Warlord stirs in his prison, his shackles weakening. An artifact of growing evil stands near him, An ancient sword of immense power. The tomb has been overcome with Vile energies. I see the warlord awakening, and breaking free of his prison. But I also see you, destroying the sword. I see hope, a chance to contain this great threat before it is too late." His eyes open and he falls to the ground, landing beside the fire as it flickers lower. Coughing a few times, the old man lifts himself up, motioning away any who come to his aid.

"You have a difficult and long journey ahead of you. I recognized this land, it is the southern swamps, many days from here, and once the home to a great nation known as Flynn.. The nation that stopped this Dark Warlord from conquering the entire world." He stands and his eyes trace over each of yours, landing on Sigil. "If he returns, our world will not be safe. He predates many of your bloodlines, and even the legends of his own time were sorely pressed to slow him and his chosen Generals."

"There were others in my vision who are not among you. Should they arrive here, I will send them to you, but you must make haste, my visions show me only what could happen before the next moon. You must destroy this sword before it can finish freeing the Warlord... and you must be careful, there will be powerful guardians, and the swamp itself is a dangerous place for any mortal, even those of your stature. I would suggest resting until morning and then setting out, but if you wish to leave now, I'll not stop you."

Last edited:

Roronoa

First Post
Oroz looks around confused. He was not quite sure of what was going on. He had come here seeking answers about his heritage, and now he was being sent on some quest to stop some random being of evil.

"Old Man, I apologize but I do not understand. I came here to ask you about this so called "bloodline" I possess. I am not even really sure why I am here. My family needs me, and this quest seems like a major delay."

ethandrew

First Post
So this is why I was brought here, out of my solitude, once more to save the world, Adamas thought to himself. The tall elf stood rigid, his extraordinarily long ears poking through his dark brown hair, pointing up and out. He looked at the others assembled with deep blue eyes, knowing this was no simple excursion, he could tell that by the armament each possessed. He had two long swords, one on each hip, that looked much too long for his size, and albeit tall and muscular for an elf, he was still diminutive compared to the average man. If one did not know who this elf was, and admittedly no one here but the old man did, Adamas would assume he appeared a green boy, on his first trip with the heirloom sword he one day hoped to grow into, except this green boy had two, and in his seventeenth decade he was no more a boy than the earth below his feet his. And in his possession these over-long swords were not merely heirlooms to be wildly wielded but rather extensions of his body proper.

It has long since been when the elf last ventured forth in search of glory and riches. In his quiet reverie of his art he has remained for near fourty years, but now, in an apparent dire hour, he had been sought and named champion of his people and publicly Adamas begrudgingly accepted, but privately the elf relished the opportunity to once again face death in the face. And when the moment was most opportune, cut that face so brutally and severely it dare never stare again.

And so with a zeal and eagerness not felt for quite some time, Adamas lips cracked and a voice raspy from lack of use issued forth, "I, for one, do not wish to rest." Content with his statement, the stoic elf slipped back into his internal musings, large ears attentive even if his mind raced with excitement.

Rathan

First Post
A rather muscular figure picks her head up from her contemplative trance and looked to Oroz with a deep green-eyed stare.... "Did you not hear him my fellow acquaintance? This world and others are not safe from harm with this threat looming. Your bloodline will be of no consequence at all if this threat is not taken care of." the distinct feminine voice states as it echos in the dark silence of the corner she sits in... "It seems the time for questions is not at hand, we've been chosen, and you best prepare for even death." Arineil adds once more as if she'd come to grips with the terms in her own way already.

Roronoa

First Post
Fire burned in the raptoran's eyes as he regarded Arineil.

"I have been prepared for death longer than you would think human. Yet recieving it in a forgotten swamp while my tasks remain incomplete would be the greatest atrocity. I have experienced things that would burn away at the souls of even the strongest individuals. Do you honestly think this is the only evil happening in the world? Such small minded ignorence only gets more innocents sluaghtered."

Rathan

First Post
Arineil chuckled softly at her new-found companions assumption that she was naive and grinned... "To lable those about you so soon would be a fools errand my..... friend... but if you would like to continue thinking I'm some naive woman in a tin can" Arineil says as she knocks on her shining mithril plate she wears... "... then by all means do so but when I am allowed the chance to showcase my own particular skills... don't be surprised when I say 'you assume too much'... I'm not here to get into a pissing contest with any of you here... I am here to do Heironeous' bidding... He foresaw me here to take my place among many and to do my part... if that means dying... I will stand at his left in the afterlife happily...." said the woman softly... matter-of-factly even as she was not playing games with anyone here... there was apparently no time to do such foolish acts....

Last edited:

Roronoa

First Post
Oroz gives out a hoarse laugh at the woman's matter of fact statement.

"What a bold declaration you have made. And yet you prove my point. Must be great to have the promise of a grand existance after death, but I am doing this with only the reward of damnation for my sins awaiting me at the end."

Rathan

First Post
Arineil chuckled softly at her companions actions... it was rare someone would stand before her to talk to her without pissing themselves in fear... then again she hadn't shown anyone here her talents save for her two long time friends and adventuring trope. "Perhaps you shouldn't have sinned then yes?" Arineil said softly... calmly showing her fearless nature for all to take in...

Roronoa

First Post
"I have no excuses for my past. All I can do is give my life to repair the damage I have done. Something I cannot do trudging around in some swamp looking to stop yet another horrific evil. Especially when we have bright and eager folks like yourself willing to sacrifice your lives for some higher cause that escapes me to this day."

From the shadows steps a bright faced young man, he seems to emerge from the air itself. Cheerfully he adresses the group.

"Come now no reason to be at each others throats already. We've only just meet each other could you at least wait until you learn the measure of each other first." He turns to the old man. "Sir, I do hope you don't take offense with me, but what can we do? You said the legends of his time were pressed to defeat him. While I admit those here are legends of this this time, except for me of course i'm just a humble merchant, but we, i mean them, pail in comparison to our ancestors." A brief look of... resignation passes over his face. After he regains his cheerful smile he leans against the wall.

Remove ads