There are times that I hate being a hopeless romantic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silversun

Banned
Banned
Right now is one of them. The last time I was in love was in high school. I don't want to spend the rest of my life alone. Alone, as in without someone to grow old with. Not alone like without family and friends. My mom died a heart attack in June of 2004 and my dad is no help at all. Since my mom died, he's been at the bottle. All I really have family wise is my sister.

I have so much love to give. Sometimes its enough to see two people together to make my spirit soar, but right now I'm just really mad. Mad because of all the people out there that do have true love. Not the kind of people that say I love you, but I'm not in love with you. I HATE that phrase. I'm of the opinion that two people that want to get married shouldn’t have the right to get a divorce. This why I believe in long courtships and intense marriage counseling.

Why is it that some people get to spend thaeir life with someone but not truly love them, but those that have their all to give are condemned to live their life without a significant other? :mad:

Last edited:

Life is known to be unfair. If it makes you happy, there are also people that have a lot of love to give that are in a happy relationship, and people incapable of love not in any relationships.

Otherwise, I only have this CM smiley to offer:
hug.gif

Just keep looking. Or rather, just keep socializing. Someone is bound to take an interest, possibly when you least expect it.

Mustrum "Not heeding his own advice but doesn't blame anyone but himself" Ridcully

nerfherder

Explorer
Well, you're on a messageboard full of single guys that share your hobby interest. I'm sure if you posted a Personals ad here you'd get plenty of responses.

Condemned? Huh? How so?

I mean, I guess the dating game can be a tricky thing (I don't know this from much first-hand experience; I got married fairly young to the girl I'd been in love with since high school) but it seems to me that nobody's condemned to be alone. Maybe I'm reading too much into this whole claim of being a hopeless romantic, but to me that suggests that you've made a choice of inaction with regards to dating, with the unreasonable assumption that true love is going to strike out of the blue when you're not looking for it.

Like pretty anything else worth having in life, finding someone to be with long-term is a lot of work. Falling in love, and keeping the love going long-term: also, a lot of work. If you're not going to put the time in, you can't complain when you don't have any results to show for your lack of action.

But again; maybe I'm reading too much into this. You haven't exactly given us much to go on on what exactly it is you're complaining about here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads