Gamerprinter's Map Emporeum

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Here's some sample map objects for the soon to be released 100 map object set from the Kickstarter - funerary objects: (top left) neolithic grave, (top center) stone sarcophagus, (top right) coffin, (bottom left) rock pile grave, (bottom center) pyre, (bottom right) wooden casket.

funerary-objects.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Working on an iron golem laboratory with one in nearly complete assembly. I plan on yet adding connecting pieces between upper and lower arm, loose gears, bolts, rods and other mechanical stuff. I will add a workbench with tools, an iron golem construction tome and charts, a small smithy and metal working area, and other odds and ends. So this is a work-in-progress. I do have the basic nearly complete iron golem created though...

iron-golem.png

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
So I decided to participate in the ProFantasy Software January Map Competition - winner gets all their mapping software, free for life (too good to pass up) and pros are allowed to participate. I've already made my map and posted it in the Profantasy forum thread, since rules of the competition prevent posting the map elsewhere. I've used techniques from my various tutorials in creating this map - part of my reason for doing it.

Here's a link to the posted map at ProFantasy forums: Cinnamon Island, a place of castaways.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Anybody need a small castle town map! All created in Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 9 (a vector drawing application), including all map objects, except the church and tavern which are 3D objects. Total time to create 6.5 hours, over 3 days.

castle-town-800.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Thanks, Hussar!

I decided to create a map that emulates a 17th century style with mostly hand-drawn elements (forest and swamp foilage, village, town, fort symbols, hills, and mountains, as well as the cartouche) and vector created elements inspired by the British colonies in America, but completely ficticious. There are nods to Pre-Roman British, Roman British, early Irish-Scot history, and Shakespeare throughout the place names. These are the American colonies that never were. Enjoy!

crown-colonies-final.jpg

Last edited:

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Here's a map of an underground lair beneath an oak tree for a witch. There is a previously posted map (in this thread) of a witch's tree on an isle in the swamp, called the Witch of the Wildwood Fen, this is what lies beneath her tree...

lair-of-witch-of-the-wood.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Hand-drawn map, scanned, then given beveled shapes, fractal cloud color mixes, drop shadows, edge feathers with photorealistic water image used to cause the refraction/reflections in the water, all done in Xara Designer Pro 9. Enjoy!

GP

waterfall-final.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
That is very, very nice. River crossings are always a good thing to have.

And as you can see, there is no implied scale. It could be 20' across each section of water with the island at center, or 100' across - making those falls for more intimidating. Of course there is no implied genre, either - it's a river crossing, many genre games can still use it.

Remove ads