Gamerprinter's Map Emporeum

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Not a map to post today, just some news. I've been notified that I will be doing the maps for the next Batman video game strategy guide for Brady Games/Prima Publishing, and that will be at the end of April in preparation for a June release on the video game and strategy guide. While I won't get all of them, I've been told there are 17 video game titles this year, though I might only get a half dozen of them (not all of them need maps). Still a half dozen such projects is an estimated $50K in commission work - I've never been paid so well to create maps, and the time frame to earn that money is about 3.5 months, which leaves me 8.5 months the rest of the year to earn other income from commissions and publications. This year looks good.

Descartes

Explorer
Congrats my friend! It's awesome you can make a living doing what you love to do and do very well. I hope this leads to future projects and a flood of discarded ideas for us. As a DM inspiration can come from a simple sketch and the idea it invokes.

JAK

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Congrats my friend! It's awesome you can make a living doing what you love to do and do very well. I hope this leads to future projects and a flood of discarded ideas for us. As a DM inspiration can come from a simple sketch and the idea it invokes.

JAK

Well the sci-fi-esque maps a couple pages back were inspiration from the last strategy guide project I did - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, so projects bringing inspiration has already started.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Here's my entry in the 2015 One Page Dungeon Contest. I decided to use my recently created hand-drawn swamp objects for this one. This is a giant hollow cypress tree used as a swamp castle by a bog witch, called the Cypress Tower located in a wetlands cypress forest guarded by river pirates and bog wights (I made those monsters up.) As the rules require you basically have to include a dungeon/adventure module and map on a single sided letter size sheet (a real challenge).

Enjoy!

Attachments

• cypress-tower.jpg
    cypress-tower.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 645

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
I decided to build a tiny interplanetary vessel usable as a ship's boat on a larger interstellar vessel or even a life boat for 2 to 4 crew.

The ship hull, engine and cockpit seats and accessories are 3D, the rest vector bevels and drop shadows. Oh simple 3D extrusions were used to create the first aid kit and water tanks next to it.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• ships-boat-final.png
    ships-boat-final.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 535

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
How about a small, high speed, 3 man submersible in the hull shape of an articulated manta ray with twin, turbo caterpillar drives. Something for an aquatic sci-fi game...

Enjoy!

Attachments

• devilfish-submersible.jpg
    devilfish-submersible.jpg
    441.5 KB · Views: 497

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
After creating that Devilfish (manta) submersible, I decided I needed someplace to park it and where it belonged, so I began creating a large undersea science station. Though the main levels for the top domes are complete, I have several more levels below the main dome, below the Hydroponics and Marine Lab domes, and a second floor above the main floor of the main dome, yet to do. I plan to place a university extension for marine biology/oceanography on that second floor.

I plan to create a warehouse/maintenance shop level below the main level (primary dome), below that at least 3 habitat levels with bunk room, family and upscale suites (those domes peeking from beneath the main dome serve as upscale suites). Then I plan to create an industrial operations level which will contain small nuclear (or geothermal) powerplant, sewage/water treatment, desalination system, air filtration/recirculation system, etc.

The major part of the work is done, now for a few more levels...

Oh, and this map is big (really big), at 1 inch = 10 foot scale, this map measures 72 x 72 inches, did I say it was big?

Attachments

• neptune-station-04.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 465

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
This is the second floor of the main primary habitat zone, what lies at the end of the stairs in the dining area. Graduate courses for both oceanographic and marine biological studies as extension courses from various world universities. Large restrooms, janitor closet, offices for faculty, 4 large tiered classrooms, a laboratory, and a large bronze dolphin.

Next the lower levels, the first being the Maintenance Bay/Warehousing level...

Attachments

• neptune-station-main-2nd.jpg
    neptune-station-main-2nd.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 479

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Neptune Station - Maintenance Bay & Inventory Warehouse is complete. Upper half is inventory warehouse divided by department. An elevator passes this level. Bottom left has inventory control office, cold storage, main garbage/trash bin from chutes throughout complex with trash compactor, and parking spaces for 3 upright forklifts. Also cleaning car with vaccuum, carpet shampooer, tile floor sweeper at bottom center just down from the floor elevator. Bottom right is Service Desk office, maintenance bay with toolboxes, lift mechanism, work table and parts bins. Restrooms right of the service office. Also habitat level elevators pass this way. Oh, and 2 escape pods are on either side, these capsules have a 10 person capacity each that are jettisoned away from station and bouyant so floats to surface with beacon.

Next the habitat levels, then the industrial operations level...

Attachments

• maintenance-warehouse01.jpg
    maintenance-warehouse01.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 485

Remove ads