The Peanut Gallery

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
That would be an appropriate team for the Ring Of The Fey Lord adventure (ROTFL).
Fun Fact: Ata once sent me a PM with ROTFL as the subject. I thought he had a hilarious link or something he just had to share ... but it was actually about the adventure and wasn't funny at all. :)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Yep, the MMC is certainly mostly monstrous! :) More now than ever, in fact.

We started with a bugbear rogue (Hrav), hobgoblin warlord (Quagmire), minotaur cleric (Brudd), half-elf warlock (Girth), and human fighter (Alex).

The minotaur cleric went into a player-absence induced coma, and was replaced after the first adventure with a hobgoblin bard (Mutt) and goblin sorcerer (Dang't). During the start of our second adventure, the human fighter took a nasty player-absence induced blow to the head, and was replaced with a goblin paladin (Kauldron).

Current MMC Lineup:
* Beryk "Mutt" Verkunder (Erekose13): Hobgoblin Valorous Bard 2 - Redblade's Riches!
* Dang't (stonegod): Goblin Storm Sorcerer 2 - Redblade's Riches!
* Girth Snowbird (The Digger): Half-Elven Star Warlock 4 - Captain's Caper!, Redblade's Riches!
* Hravoth "Hrav" Kortaga (garyh): Bugbear Brutal Rogue 5 - Captain's Caper!, Redblade's Riches!
* Kauldron (Darksteed): Goblin Paladin 1 - Redblade's Riches!
* Quagmire "Quag" Weaselcrust (covaithe): Hobgoblin Inspiring Warlord 4 - Captain's Caper!, Redblade's Riches!

So, two goblins, two hobgoblins, a bugbear, and a half-elf in the current crew. We've also got a bigger level spread than most L4W parties, at 5, 4, 4, 2, 2, 1. Role lineup of 1 defender, 2 leaders, and 3 strikers is kinda interesting, too. We've never had a controller.

Former members, currently incapacitated:
* Alexander "Alex" Duran (Atanatotatos): Human Fighter - Captain's Caper!, Redblade's Riches!
* Brudd Brassback (Halford): Minotaur Battle Cleric of Hadeys - Captain's Caper!

I think having our current fight be the start of a goblin-dwarf rivalry is a fun idea. We'll see if Phoenix8008 agrees. :)
I think its a great idea. Not that I have any plans to use the idea adventure wise or anything. I've already got two different adventure idea's for what comes after Redblade's Riches and neither of them involve a war with the dwarves.

Maybe someday we can have a battle royal between the MMC and the Wayne's Basement crew over the fate of Rioc Paravel, former home of a rich dwarven kingdom! Wow, that idea combined with what Mal pulled in 6 Eagle Down by bringing in other PC's to help in the final fight gave me an interesting idea. But I suppose PC vs PC for a final battle linking two adventures together would be BAD.

On the other hand, I'm having a tough enough time throwing something challenging at the MMC. They are like an industrial strength monster meat grinder! Of course, I don't wanna kill Kauldron either. Another level or two to toughen him up though and he'll be fine. You know what dragons say about Paladins, dont'cha? -Crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside.- :devil:

renau1g

First Post
Hmmm...I've gotta figure out a way to sneak Kane into the MMC. He'd fit in I think, although Hrav might not like a second bugbear around.

garyh

First Post
Hrav's a cheerful sort, he's happy to have any company that'll help him smash whoever they're fighting. :) Heck, we have two goblins and two hobgoblins in the group, it's almost strange there ISN'T another bugbear in MMC. ;)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
We really need to turn Girth into a goblinoid somehow. Maybe a ritual. Dang't can think of the possibilities...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases