The Peanut Gallery

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Ata was evil in general with the encounters. He did warn us after the first one that things would only get harder from then on out, and he did give us the option of having easier battles, which we refused. What fools we were.

Let's list the ways we PCs are screwed:

The entire map (or close enough) is difficult terrain. The Chokers can immobilize us pretty much whenever they want. The hag can push us around and has an auto-damage aura. If we split up, we can't support each other, but if we clump, the hag will AoE us down, and push us apart.

On the plus side, I hit with Vampiric Embrace again. Five out of five. Also, dying would be a good in-character reason to change pacts. Of course, I would then need to be resurrected afterwards. Maybe Lord Arnamil will take pity on us? Hopefully he hasn't heard all the mean things I've been saying about him.

Dunamin

First Post
The only problem with de-leveling monsters is that a lot of their cool abilities aren't dropped off (like the hag's), which can be pretty nasty.
*COUGH* Flesh Golem *COUGH*

So much for karma giving me easy encounters in RotFL to make up for Closed Eye... :p

Seriously, though: We're screwed. Auto-grabbing reach monsters and an auto-damaging hag makes it essentially impossible to come to Ironheart's aid.

renau1g

First Post
I blame IC, it doesn't help that most of the attack rolls were over 15...

It's not hard for Rhole to get to within 5 of Ironheart as the choker can't make OA's with a grabbed target. He'll be within the range of the aura, but can toss the warforged a healing word.

Kalidrev

First Post
I love that ability of the Warforged! Only question I have is this.... is there any ability/power/monster that gives penalties to saves? Could those penalties possibly effect the warforged's death saving throw (it's just a saving throw like anything else, right)? If so, in the case that the warforged had a penalty to its saving throws and it rolled less than or equal to 10 on his saving throws, would he die?

JoeNotCharles

First Post
In theory there could be - I can't name any off the top of my head, but I do know some that give bonuses to death saves.

(Hey, is dying an "effect a save can end"? A save can end it if I roll 20. Does that mean I can use Font of Life to get 2 death saves a turn?)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases