OGL:Someone releases as OGC a most revolutionary & awesome game design.You, Wotc...

xechnao

First Post
Err... nothing?

Perhaps I should have made this as a poll.

1. Do nothing
2. Try to take ideas for the current edition if possible
3. Try to design the next edition on (the ideas of) the new revolutionary design
4. Turn the next edition to OGL and develop on that design
5. Hire the person that did this to work on the development of the next edition
6. Something else, explain.

Mr. Piratecat is this possible? I mean, can I transform the thread in a poll?

Last edited:

I, as WotC, ask a simple question:

Does it have the D&D name on it?

When I determine this answer is no, I shrug and get on with things, because the game called D&D always wins. It also helps to be selling a most revolutionary and awesome game yourself.

Nellisir

Hero
1, 5, in that order. 5 nets you 2, more or less. WotC didn't embrace the OGL when it was new; they're not going to leap into it now.

Halivar

First Post
There's no hypothetical question here. History shows conclusively: the answer is "do nothing."

What I'm interested is: what is the OP getting at?

xechnao

First Post
1, 5, in that order. 5 nets you 2, more or less. WotC didn't embrace the OGL when it was new; they're not going to leap into it now.

And to make this harder for you, what if the person did not accept to work for you but instead replied in public with the suggestion of Wotc turning OGL?

xechnao

First Post
What I'm interested is: what is the OP getting at?
And I am answering back with a question: what are you suspecting I am getting at? Because if you were not suspecting something you would not make the question. The OP is pretty simple and straightforward.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases