New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man - Page 12


What's on your mind?

  1. #111
    7 Rabbit looks impressed and bewildered. "Badgers? I don't think the prophecy said anything about badgers. But a lot of it was hard to follow..." He pulls out an intricately carved rod and begins counting off symbols, sliding a leather handgrip up and down as he does. "I'll put you down as a possibility for the Leader, for now. Or maybe the Trickster, in case you're making all that up." He scrawls a few notes on a scroll with charcoal, shoves it back into a pouch, then looks up brightly. "Now that that's settled, where's the adventure?"

 

  • #112
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    South America
    Posts
    694
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Otakkun
    My communities:

    A name eh? answers Xavfire to Veruzak, as his eyes get a lost look on them, as he tries to think of anything that could be fitting for such a group.

    Nothing comes to my mind for now, but I'd be glad to help with the paperwork needed to create it. I'm still tired from my trip here so I won't be going anywhere for a week or so. We should have everything ready by then.
    OOC
    char template block ... I'm still too lazy to write Xavfire down in L4W format. A shame since so many adventures seem to be starting
    L4W: Shrakk| L4W: Ianward Milner| LEB: Garrick d'Orien| LEB: Kaelan| LFP: Xan Millstone

  • #113
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,546
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBarking View Post
    "Hold on there, pal. Let a man finish his drink." Yelder finishes off his ale, wipes his mouth again, and addresses the gathering crowd, "Alright, who's all interested? Don't know if I can take all of you; the mayor's gold can only stretch so far."
    Kruk heasr Yelder and instead of bringing an ale Grim and himself, he buys one for the whole group. He tries his best to bring the six mugs without spilling the ale, but in passing them out to everyone, accidently spills a little on Grim. "Sorry Grim. I'm Kruk. What's this I hear about goblins. I can speak for the bugbear here (pointing at Grim). He he can hurt ya with those twin bastards swords of his. I've seen him in action. What can we do for ya sir!," Kruk states as he adjusts his plate armor as he sits on his chair.

    ooc

    yes, I'd like to be a part of this group...thanks THB. I also reached level 3, character is being submitted for approval tonight.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #114
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Lephisto's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dunedin, NZ
    Posts
    28
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Lephisto
    My communities:

    The young noble man walks into the crowded tavern, moving his head around as if he was looking for someone or thing. "I need something to do around here", he muttered under his breath. He slowly walks up to a table and sits down. "I guess I'll have to wait", he thought.
    OOC
    My character hasn't been approved yet, but if anyone wants to start a adventure for some noobs to D&D like me, please invite me to join

  • #115
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    235
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Tinwe


    "Yes... goblins. I'd like to get my hands on a few of those scrawny good-for-nothing runts, and I can't think of anyone better to do that with than Kruk."
    L4E

    Grim
    http://bit.ly/RxUFC
    Init: +3
    Perception: 12 Insight: 12
    HP: 30 Bloodied: 15 Surge Value: 7 Surges: 7
    AC: 16 NAD: 15/14/12 Speed:6
    AP:1 Second Wind:not used
    MBA: +1 Lifedrinking Bastard Sword +8 vs AC 1d10+5

    Hunter's Quarry
    Twin Strike
    Hit and Run

    Predatory Eye
    Off-hand Strike

    Jaws of the Wolf
    Hunter's Privilege
    Shane

    http://bit.ly/2MPJoN
    Init: 2 Speed: 5
    Perception: 14 Insight: 19
    AC: 16 NAD: 12/13/17
    HP: 24 Bloodied: 12
    Surge Value:6 Surges: 8
    Second Wind: Not used
    MBA: Dagger +3 vs AC; 1d4+0
    RBA: Dagger +5 vs AC; 1d4+2

    Astral Seal
    Sacred Flame
    Gaze of Defiance

    Bane
    Healer's Mercy
    Healing Word x2

    Beacon of Hope

    LEB
    Gruff

    http://bit.ly/4eIoAu

    Init: +2
    Perception: 14 Insight: 19
    HP: 49/49 Bloodied: 24 Surge Value: 12 Surges: 11
    AC: 27 NAD: 17/17/17 Speed:5
    AP:1 Second Wind:not used
    MBA: +1 Subtle Kopesh +6 vs AC 1d8+2 (+3 with CA)

    Booming Blade
    Lightning Lure
    Aegis of Ensnarement

    Falcon's Mark
    Dual Lightning Strike



  • #116
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Ghdeh1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    79
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Ghdeh1
    Alek takes his drink, nods his head in thanks and says "I am very interested in this problem." He brings sipping at the brew as he waits for more information from Yelder. Opening his pack he stores his coin pouch at the bottom of the pack and closes it.






    thought
    Maybe I should have dark red as my character's speech
    Last edited by Ghdeh1; Saturday, 22nd August, 2009 at 02:49 AM.
    Jehad Nightingale stat block
    Jehad Nightingale- Male Gnome Sorcerer 2
    Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
    AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:16 -- Speed:5
    HP:32/32, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:9/9
    Initiative +5
    Action Points: 1 <> Second Wind
    Powers: Acid orb, Chaos bolt,
    Chaos bolt extra,
    Thunder slam,
    Fade away
    Ghost sound
    Elemental shift
    Chromatic orb

    Jehad

  • #117
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Lord Sessadore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK, Canada
    Posts
    2,580
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Lord Sessadore
    My communities:

    A tall, black-haired elf comes through the door. He wears plate armor traced with faint designs which, upon closer inspection, appear to actually be frost forming on the metal. On his hip is a bastard sword, on his back a shield and a pair of javelins, and those who recognize the paladin notice the lack of his usual white tabard and maroon cloak. Carried in his right hand is a large, sturdy canvas bag filled with something heavy, which is apparently somewhat wet. Moisture soaks the bottom of the bag and drips onto the floor periodically.

    "Hail. I am Raiyek Meliam, paladin of Palladys." He hesitates for a moment, then asks, "Is there a wizard here? I need a little ... help." It seems the elf is reluctant to ask for whatever help he needs.
    ooc
    Just to be clear, this is NOT an adventure recruitment.

    You see, Raiyek needs a wizard because he recently went diving in a sewer and can't get all of the sewage out of his old cloak and armor. He's decided to try the magic route instead of yet more elbow grease and river water to get the nastiness out of his old gear
    Current and past PbP: http://www.enworld.org/forum/4853360-post58.html

  • #118
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Lephisto's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dunedin, NZ
    Posts
    28
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Lephisto
    My communities:

    The elegant young man tells the barman to bring two jugs of ale. He holds one in his hands and lifts his sturdy long sword up to the air and says, "Cheers for the adventures to come and fulfilling our duty as good abiding citizens!". Lephisto looked around for people who would be keen for an adventure, but found none in his sight. He remains in his chair, waiting for the opportunity to arise.

    OOC
    I hope there's an adventure soon, I am so keen to learn how to play DnD!
    Lephisto Izgon Stat Block

    Lephisto Izgon- Male Human Paladin 1
    Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12
    AC:19, Fort:16, Reflex:15, Will:14 -- Speed:5
    HP:27/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:11/11
    Initiative +1
    Action Points: 1 <> Second Wind
    Powers: Bolstering Strike, Holy Strike,
    Valiant Strike,
    Radiant Smite,
    Paladin's Judgment


  • #119
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)



    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    1,887
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore KenHood
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeNotCharles View Post
    "I'll put you down as a possibility for the Leader, for now. Or maybe the Trickster, in case you're making all that up."
    "Partner, it gods-***** near breaks my ***** heart that you would question the authenticity of my bona fides. While I confess to the occassional embellishment or hyperbole (as does any good storyteller), I assure you that my assertions fall within the general vicinity of veracity. Indeed, any resemblence to actuality is not coincidental, because my statements not only have acquaintance with truth or even a warm familiarity, but are indeed its kissing cousin."

    Hacker lights another cigarette.

    "Now, seeing as I have led many a ***** man to gods-***** glory and ignominy, victory and defeat, fame and infamy, and the endless combinations thereof, I most humbly suggest that the possibility of Leader be a certainty. While I do rule with an iron fist, I seem to recollect a velvet glove somewhere in my backpack, which I use on occassion."

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeNotCharles View Post
    He scrawls a few notes on a scroll with charcoal, shoves it back into a pouch, then looks up brightly. "Now that that's settled, where's the adventure?"
    "Now that's a good, gods-***** question, of which I am in dire need of a ***** answer. It has been my general experience that one enters an establishment such as this and kicks up enough *****, adventure pops up like angry pimp seeking recompensation from his drabs, but it is a ***** sad state of affairs when I find a sleepy bunch of ***** ***** *****, not even motivated by the promise of an un-*****-flinching brawl."

    Hacker's instrument is placed in his hands by the bartender. The gnome begins plucking strings.

    "Therefore, I suggest Plan B. It has been my experience, that if I inebriate myself to the point of ***** coma, I often awaken in the midst of adventure, quite often still wearing my clothes and my full purse of coin. Seein' as this fine establishment serves alcoholic beverages of a faintly tolerable sort, I would recommend that you join me."

    TwoHeadsBarking
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBarking View Post
    I would be willing to take on a sixth (although I rather not), who would be whichever one of the controllers didn't get picked up or Hacker.
    No thanks. Don't want to cramp your style.

  • #120
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    industrygothica's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wichita Falls
    Posts
    4,639
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore industrygothica
    My communities:

    Carolina drinks with Kruk and Grim, and stifles a giggle as the paladin makes his request, knowing full-well his intentions.

    Then to those at the table, she speaks. "I think I'll leave the goblins for you. I'm staying here for a bit to see if I can't learn more of this X fellow. He's quite got me irritated, to say the least."

    OOC
    Ren says he's working on a sequel, so I'm gonna wait here for that one to develop.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 12 of 101 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
      By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 2998
      Last Post: Today, 08:39 AM
    2. Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
      By H.M.Gimlord in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1000
      Last Post: Monday, 28th June, 2010, 09:19 PM
    3. Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
      By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1014
      Last Post: Tuesday, 7th July, 2009, 06:14 PM
    4. Close LEB Tavern Thread
      By stonegod in forum Meta
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Wednesday, 8th August, 2007, 12:13 AM
    5. Tavern Tales ooc thread.
      By jasamcarl in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Friday, 23rd July, 2004, 04:27 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •