New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
JoeNotCharles said:
I kind of thought you'd wait until we were actually leaving, so there was less chance for Kruk and Raiyek to abandon their current quest to help Rabbit, but I guess this works too...

Well, once you had offered to join them and they had accepted, it was basically a given that 7 Rabbit's friends would be present when the new hook unfolded. I figured I might as well do it early rather than later to help sort out who goes where.
[/sblock]

[sblock=The many adventures]I see that the sequels (Renaug1 and Ukingsken are packed with big teams (6 PC).

I fully understand if everyone wants to keep going with their old crowd (I see the appeal in continuity) but if anyone wants to meet new people, these teams can afford to go down to the more classic 5 man party, which would help fill the other adventures faster.

Just a thought, no arm-twisting!

PS : I am lobbying one of my friends to join and help solve this temporary player shortage. Hear that, Drawback?
[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
There was a long pause as the strange man known as strange man known as 7 Rabbit translated the book. While most people might have been bored, Bell was infatuated with the coded rod he pulled out to assist himself in the work.

Never seen one of those before. . . She thought to herself, leaning so far over that she was lucky she did not fall from her chair. Between that and his mask he must be from far away. . . I feel like I know the name of the place, just on the tip of my tongue. I've seen pictures in books from the Valley of the Bones. . .

Her thoughts were interrupted by a half-elf of indeterminable gender.

“And there! This very pale little girl. This is surely an albinos.” he says indicating Bell. “Did you know albinos have sold their soul for power? That’s why they no longer glow like normal beings. Ooh, see the midget over there with the multi-coloured armour. Wow, what a silly looking way to dress.” He says, pointing at 7 Rabbit.
"That's not even accurate!" She said out loud and quite appalled. She would have continued further but the conversation at the other table hadn't ceased, and there were suddenly gasps from around the room. Bell whipped her head around, fully prepared to see to adventures possible maiming one and other. She did not expect to see the head of a dragon starring back at her.

She shrieked, and finally fell from her chair, which seemed inevitable considering her twisted and precarious position. She quickly realized her folly, and righted herself in excitement, loosing her head a pointing. "That's extroidinary! A prime example of-"

She would have continued further but suddenly the strange dwarf had leapt from his chair, which then knocked her already wobbling table and she grabbed her beer for fear of waste. She was of course immediately distracted because went 7 Rabbit went by so did his strange rod. Not willing to give up this opportunity she moved quickly round her table, deposited her drink with adventurers who held the dragon and went quickly to stand behind 7 Rabbit, as if she somehow supported his efforts, all the while gazing at his rod of wonder.

OOC: I am willing to join anybody. . .really. I am however also having fun here and can wait if needed.

OOC2: I don't know how to make spoiler windows on this board.

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Lily swings around and points across the room in a random direction.

You there, you'd adventure with me wouldn't you?

Kendrick is startled when the young girl points at him, but he recovers quickly.

-''I get it, I get it, you want someone to buy you ale. Barman, one round on me. And stop enforcing that stupid drinking age rule! If you let a bloody gnome drinks, you can let any damn midget under one hundred pound that comes in through the door have a pint!''

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
"Where did you get this?" he demands of the dog. His voice cracks: "WHERE???"

The poodle stares quizzically at 7 Rabbit: ''Woof?''

-''Stop that you leprechaun, stop scaring Princess!'' shouts the dandy. ''You!'' he says, pointing to his guard. ''Get him away from Princess.''

-''Uh, we'd rather not.'' says the youngest guard.

-''WHAT?! PROTECT PRINCESS AT ONCE!'' the half-elf shrieks.

-''Well, the flabby dwarf, we'd be willing to take on anytime. But the other one has killed a dragon and wears a flaming armor so... no.'' says the older guard firmly.

-''YOU ARE FIRED!''

-''Fine with us.''

The two men hastily retreat, leaving their employer flabbergasted in the middle of the tavern.

[sblock=OOC]lol, not to beat my own drum, but I am making myself laugh with this dandy nonsense. But of course, I am my own best audience.

EDIT : Oh, damn it, I just saw that Rayek had made Kruk stand down and asked a question just before I started my series of posts (2:29 to his 2:25). Urg. Don't want to edit that too much. Too. Funny (to me). I'll see what I can do in the next posts.[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk glares at the half-elf, then back to Raiyek. He takes a deep breath and relaxes, stating to Raiyek as he puts his axe away "Raiyek, you always have the ability to be calm and think rationally in tense situations when clearly I cannot. I admire that about you. Curse my dwaven temper!" With that, Kruk stands down, though his eyes still bore into the half-elf, watching he and his goons every move.

Kruk, seeing the goons leave, smiles and shakes his head as they make their retreat.

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=OOC]lol, not to beat my own drum, but I am making myself laugh with this dandy nonsense. But of course, I am my own best audience.

EDIT : Oh, damn it, I just saw that Rayek had made Kruk stand down and asked a question just before I started my series of posts (2:29 to his 2:25). Urg. Don't want to edit that too much. Too. Funny (to me). I'll see what I can do in the next posts.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
no...don't...I just edited mine.
[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
7 Rabbit straightens up as the guards back off. Rudely ignoring Raiyek and Kruk's intervention, he attempts to pin the dandy to the wall with his gaze. "Do you own this animal?" he snaps. "WHY is it wearing my brother's necklace?"

[sblock=OOC]
Intimidate (1d20+7=20)

So what do I know about this necklace? Is it a family heirloom? Any special powers, or what?
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
lol, not to beat my own drum, but I am making myself laugh with this dandy nonsense. But of course, I am my own best audience.

EDIT : Oh, damn it, I just saw that Rayek had made Kruk stand down and asked a question just before I started my series of posts (2:29 to his 2:25). Urg. Don't want to edit that too much. Too. Funny (to me). I'll see what I can do in the next posts.
That's fine, Mal. I think the dandy totally ignoring Kruk and Raiyek fits pretty well ;)

Also, things are getting pretty confused in the tavern at the moment, so who knows who Lily actually pointed at - I was just saying it was Raiyek because it would make a good entry into ren's adventure.

In any case, I'm just going to sit back and watch things unfold for a bit - it's pretty clear no one's paying attention to Raiyek ;)[/sblock]

Remove ads