New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Voda Vosa

First Post
Shuman turned to the newcomer. "I will be happy to pay you a drink, if you were so gentle as to come here and hear my problem. I think you could help me out with it, for a fair pay" a man with turban and strange robes says from a nearby table. With him are a big bugbear, eating something that smells like rats, and is actually made of those rodents, and an even bigger Goliath. There are two battered empty chairs in the table, which seems to have been crushed by something really heavy.

Llama_Bill

First Post
"Ah it's ok, it loud with the many gold-givers or gold-takers. You drink? Here, we get you drink. Drinkman, get the rockman a drink that you give me and firelady. What is dis poor-tel you say?" Vardaal asks the Goliath, handing him a brackish beverage.

Downing the last of his drink in one large gulp Kavac lets off a quick smile and replys: "Of course I drink." Picking up the drink he starts a toast: "To crushing? The portal is a way of getting from the Drowned Man in Bacarte to here. I heard you got better work here so I came. I have no idea how it works, magic ain't my strong point. It isn't my favourite type of transport. How did you get here?"
As he finishes speaking he puts his cup away in his bag and starts on the new drink.

RickRoll

First Post
Shuman turned to the newcomer. "I will be happy to pay you a drink, if you were so gentle as to come here and hear my problem. I think you could help me out with it, for a fair pay" a man with turban and strange robes says from a nearby table. With him are a big bugbear, eating something that smells like rats, and is actually made of those rodents, and an even bigger Goliath. There are two battered empty chairs in the table, which seems to have been crushed by something really heavy.

"My thanks, I'll have whatever this place passes off for elven wine. You got a problem that these can fix, I'm your man." the shifter says, tapping this swords an air of superiority hangs around him.

"So let me guess? The bugbear and the goliath wanted to see who was stronger and hit each with those chairs?" Frost jokes flatly, wrinkling his nose at the bugbear's meal. Turning to the robed man, he says "So what's the problem and what are you paying?" he asks pointedly.

pathfinderq1

First Post
As first one and then another of the large savage creatures spoke to her, Myoko remained silent and impassive. She was not, obviously, ignoring them- it was easy to see that she looked directly at them when they were speaking, but she said nothing in return, and gave not even a cursory nod of response.

Within her mind, emotions warred. In her homeland, such creatures would be considered savages, hardly fit company for even the most disreputable of ruffians- most likely, the would be servants of the Oni, spreading the influence of darkness. The guard would be called out... With a start, she cut thet thread of that thought.

Here it seemed, they were treated as civilized beings- or as civilized as mercenary adventurers, anyway. They mingled with people, ate and drank and talked in public. But that, after all was why she was here. Because she was tainted by the shadow now- if she were back in her homeland, she would be regarded as no better than these beasts. She forced her attention back to the tavern, only to find that both of the savages had moved on in their conversation. She stood, and retrieved her spear, then marched briskly over to the table where a group appeared to be forming. She gave each of the folk there a quick level glance, assessing the apparent rank- it did not take long for her gaze to settle upon the small man in his ornate clothing and ornamentation- he would not have been terribly out of place in the court of the Shogun.

Facing him directly, she bowed, tipping her head forward just far enough to break eye contact, then bending from the waist just far enough to be perceptible. "I am Myoko Y'Dosani, a soldier for hire. Is it as they say, that you have work to be done? Is it a task that is honorable?" Her voice was level, almost emotionless, and oddly accented- it was obvious that Allarian was not her first language.

Farce

First Post
Downing the last of his drink in one large gulp Kavac lets off a quick smile and replys: "Of course I drink." Picking up the drink he starts a toast: "To crushing? The portal is a way of getting from the Drowned Man in Bacarte to here. I heard you got better work here so I came. I have no idea how it works, magic ain't my strong point. It isn't my favourite type of transport. How did you get here?"
As he finishes speaking he puts his cup away in his bag and starts on the new drink.

"These" Vardaal replies, pointing to his muscular legs. "Yes, to crushing and the gold giver!" he adds, toasting his glass and draining its contents in one loud slurp. *Burp*

Voda Vosa

First Post
Shuman seems pleased that both warriors attend to his call. "Mine is a most honorable quest. The city of my lord has been deprive from it's water source, a nearby oasis, by something, we don't know nothing about. Your job will be locate the source of problem with the oasis and deal with it, in order to recover our precious liquid. I'm allowed to pay you 20 golds in advance. Ahm, 20 gold coins, I mean" The ambassador corrects himself. He was catching Vardaal curious way of speaking, to his horror.

Llama_Bill

First Post
Shuman seems pleased that both warriors attend to his call. "Mine is a most honourable quest. The city of my lord has been deprive from it's water source, a nearby oasis, by something, we don't know nothing about. Your job will be locate the source of problem with the oasis and deal with it, in order to recover our precious liquid. I'm allowed to pay you 20 golds in advance. Ahm, 20 gold coins, I mean" The ambassador corrects himself. He was catching Vardaal curious way of speaking, to his horror.

"So how much do we get when we've dealt with the problem and how we getting to the sand?" asks Kavac while still listening to Vardaal, then turning to look at the random selection of people congregating he continues, "Looks like we have ourselves a full set. This calls for a drink, barkeep 6 more of whatever I just finished. The gold I left will still cover it." With all the talk of fighting or at least talk of a job involving fighting Kavac gives his hammers a quick check. He reckons they'll still work.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Of that I'm not allowed to speak" Refers the man to the subject of the payment. "However, my lord is generous and will pay you handsomely, most certainly." The man goes silent for a few seconds, studding the assembled group around him. "Yes I think these are as much people I can transport." he states almost for himself...

OOC: I will require a confirmation IC of each character, and we'll get started.

Farce

First Post
Vardaal finishes his ratberry pie and drains one more tankard of the brackish liquid before standing up. "Ok Mr. Fancy Hat. I am ready, the tummy is full, and the golds needs to be given. We go and crush your water stealers. C'mon firelady and crusher." the bugbear warrior says, grabbing another ratberry pie for the road, puts his pack on and grabs his massive blade. He waits at the door, his arms crossed in front of his chest as his foot taps impatiently.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Still standing in a wary, ready posture the woman in the dragon armor looked around at the group the finely dressed man had assembled. Almost imperceptibly, she shrugged, then faced the prospective employer. She nodded, and gave another (and slightly more respectful) bow. "I accept this commission as well," she said crisply. "I am ready to leave, when you will."

OOC: Hopefully there will be an arm-wrestling challenge in here somewhere- all 5 PCs have 18 STR. You don't see that often. Looks like we might be out of luck for a "scout" type though...

Remove ads