• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Prison Break Module: Need Recomendations

I've got an idea for an adventure for my Eberron campaign, but I'd like to steal from existing adventures.

The outline of my idea is like this:

The PCs discover a plot to free Melysse Miron, the Anti-Keeper, from the island prison, Dreadhold, which they need to foil by catching up with the villain and his lycanthrope toadies in the Lhazaar Principalities, then they need to subsequently break into Dreadhold themselves, or break out.

Can anyone suggest relevant published adventures that might provide some ideas to work with? 4E is preferred, but any really fitting 3.5 ed stuff is welcome too.

Any ideas inspired by this adventure idea are welcome as well.

Last edited:

Wycen

Explorer
Escape from Meenlock Prison is off the top of my head. I think there might have been another adventure by Nick Logue about an asylum or escaped prison, part of a 3 part arc. Both were closer to the end of the line for Dungeon Magazine.

Shroomy

Adventurer
Escape from Meenlock Prison is off the top of my head. I think there might have been another adventure by Nick Logue about an asylum or escaped prison, part of a 3 part arc. Both were closer to the end of the line for Dungeon Magazine.

You're thinking of the Viktor St-Demain trilogy ("Chimes at Midnight" Dungeon 133, "Quoth the Raven" Dungeon 150, and "Hell's Heart", Dungeon 151). However, "Chains of Blackmaw" is a Nicolas Logue adventure that features the PCs infiltrating a prison in order to rescue one of its prisoners; its from Dungeon 135. All of these are 3.5e adventures.

I have most of these Dungeon/Dragon magazines, and they look like a perfect source of inspiration and structure.

But man does it make me miss having printed magazines. :(

Any other ideas?

Remove ads