Proposal: Fix the proposal system

JoeNotCharles

First Post
I think even if you don't want to auto-approve things, something has to be done about the way proposals languish. So if you have a suggestion for stopping that which doesn't involve auto-approving things, and which doesn't involve, "Somebody just needs to be conscientous and prod us more often," I'm all ears.

Another option is: once a proposal is made, any part of it which nobody (judge or otherwise) specifically brings up for discussion passes automatically after X weeks. That way when people make the "I propose all of Dragon 399" proposals, we can quickly identify the stuff that needs talking about and the rest passes while we debate it. (Yeah, "brings up for discussion" sounds a little vague, but we're not computers - we can use our judgement for that.)

I still like my original proposal better, though.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
I'm still for auto approval.

Yes Cheese happens, But I don't feel that with our community it's a threat. Besides Cheese will eventually be errata'd, and since errata is instantly adopted the cheese will be fixed.

At Pbp rates of play if it takes them 2 months to errata some bit of cheese that's like 1 encounter? Surely we're all capable of putting up with 1 encounter worth of cheese.

Frankly I feel there is just too much content to operate on a "Automatically No, except for ______" When an "Automatically Yes, except for __________" will still prevent the problems you all are expecting.

renau1g

First Post
Also, most cheese takes a while to ferment and really only becomes stinky at like paragon levels or at least high heroic. Even pre-nerfed powers/feats, etc weren't that bad in the hands of a level 1 PC (or even 4th like the MMC).

Atanatotatos

First Post
Another option is: once a proposal is made, any part of it which nobody (judge or otherwise) specifically brings up for discussion passes automatically after X weeks. That way when people make the "I propose all of Dragon 399" proposals, we can quickly identify the stuff that needs talking about and the rest passes while we debate it. (Yeah, "brings up for discussion" sounds a little vague, but we're not computers - we can use our judgement for that.)

This one I like.

garyh

First Post
I think even if you don't want to auto-approve things, something has to be done about the way proposals languish. So if you have a suggestion for stopping that which doesn't involve auto-approving things, and which doesn't involve, "Somebody just needs to be conscientous and prod us more often," I'm all ears.

I still like my original proposal better, though.

I like your original proposal better, too. Why force someone to go through the motions of officially saying "I nominate 'Forgotten Planes Guide to Player Power'"?

KenHood

First Post
I like your original proposal better, too. Why force someone to go through the motions of officially saying "I nominate 'Forgotten Planes Guide to Player Power'"?
I agree.

Why have a system that requires formalities?

The proposals system is the weakest feature of our community. Some of our posters enjoy arguing for argument's sake, and the manner in which they bog down the proposals process seems almost strategic.

CaBaNa

First Post
some of our posters ;)

It's ok Kenhood, we forgive your nature!

(I know you're just talking about me...)

HA HA HA HA! :lol:

On the serious side, the proposal system isn't the weakest feature, the hours it takes to post a character is our weakest feature.

But Proposals come in close after, it was one of the first things I noticed upon joining. (after the character creation)

Not that I have a solution... But I like taking steps toward a final goal. I think the original proposal does that.

Also, if something gets forgotten, that is horribly broken, that is likely due to it not affecting anyone in the community in a significant way...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases