Deva wings?

Black Bard

First Post
Dear All,

I simply cannot find any reference to members of the Deva race having wings, despite the fact that every single Deva illustration shows them with a sort of metallic pair of wings.

Am I overlooking something? Are these wings simply a "garment thing" that became a fashion among Devas?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Siberys

Adventurer
PH2 page 9 said:
However, all devas... share some common elements of dress, religion, and habits. Devas favor flowing clothes of fine silks, polished metal armor with winglike shoulder elements, and headdresses or helmets that suggest crowns or halos.

It's kinda easy to miss. They're just ornamentation.

Black Bard

First Post
Thank you, PC and Siberys!

With not so many Devas around, I wonder where they get these things. Maybe they receive a "reincarnation kit" containing little metal wings and other stuff!;)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I actually addressed this in my game! My bad guy was a rakshasha who had just fallen from deva-hood; she was trying to find and gather the clothing and item caches that her past incarnations had left throughout the country, including all of her former clothing. I figure they have it made once, and it eventually finds its way back to the reincarnated deva.

Black Bard

First Post
Wow, I am a big fan of your thread, PC! But I had not realized that Alene was collecting her past incarnations' stuff!

Just a thought, but maybe now she will reincarnate and, while looking for her past incarnations' "kit" may stumble on some notes left by Alene's last reincarnation to ensure that her work was not interrupted! ;)

Anyway, that was a cool way to integrate this Deva "metallic Waing trend" into a character, PC!

Remove ads