Channel Divinity: Bahamut

Klaus

First Post
Dragon 378: Bahamut's Champions

The opening illustration is amazing, making the others suffer in contrast.

The article has fluff on how Bahamut chooses his champions, a new Paragon Path (Chromatic Bane), a few feats (including several "power swap" feats for non-divine characters who serve the Platinum Dragon) and a new Epic Destiny, Bahamut's Vessel.

Alas

First Post
I was so-so on the article until I saw the Monster Manual shout-out in the epic destiny. The seven canaries? Awesome.

Shroomy

Adventurer
I knew that canary thing sounded familiar (though I'm wondering if that Level 26 Utility is a bit overpowered). I really like how they expanded the multi-class feats to now include mini-divine classes based around the portfolios/beliefs of individual gods; between this new use of multi-class feats, channel divinity feats, domains, paragon paths, and epic destinies, there are simply tons of ways to personalize your divine character. The epic destiny is pretty awesome; I love the 30th level capstone power and the flavor is nice (though I'm sure Bahamut is going to die in a lot of upcoming campaigns).

Furion_Thamior

First Post
Forceful Challenge and Weakening Challenge look like great boosts for the paladin's mark... doubly since they work with both Divine Challenge and Divine Sanction. Slapping anyone who ignores you for 10+ damage, sliding them over to you, and reducing the damage of their attack by half? Now that's defending.

Remove ads