Island Empire, Part IV To face the Lich

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

"Yummm! Choice two, the filet o'snapper with rolls, sounds just right to me. You can give me just 7 silvers change then, keep one extra for your trouble."

Scotley

Hero
The bartender once again bounces your coins into the hole in the bar. He then makes change for Gnurl from a pocket in his apron.

He shouts to a woman in the back and soon two platters of fish and rolls with some veg on the side are brought out. The fish is fresh and well if simply prepared.

Scotley

Hero
She is dicing with two halflings, by their dress and speech you judge them to be sailors from the Crosscroft Isles. They look enough to alike to be cousins if not brothers. The one who seems to be doing all the winning isn't doing anything you can identify as cheating. They are playing straight up craps with Peg Leg Pelicanous' dice. The other halfling is losing too, but he doesn't seem to be as unhappy about it as would be expected...

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

Gnurl covers his dainty, gnomish mouth somewhat, and the report of his ensuing belch vibrates the windows of the tavern audibly. "Good grub, Master of the House! I'm ready for my next course, please."

Scotley

Hero
The bartender scratches his chin with an index finger considering the little Gnome's capacity. "Hey Matty, we got any scones left?" Getting an affirmative from the kitchen he fetches a platter of Gooseberry scones and places it between H'Roosh and Gnurl. They are heavy and only mildly sweet, but pretty good. A little dry for having been made the day before, the bartender offers a bowl of cream for dipping if you wish.

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

Gnurl just grins as he begins to devour a scone.

"Mmmmm. Excellent fare! Thanks for the milk, too," he says as he douses a scone to soften it up for proper devouring.

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

She is dicing with two halflings, by their dress and speech you judge them to be sailors from the Crosscroft Isles. They look enough to alike to be cousins if not brothers. The one who seems to be doing all the winning isn't doing anything you can identify as cheating. They are playing straight up craps with Peg Leg Pelicanous' dice. The other halfling is losing too, but he doesn't seem to be as unhappy about it as would be expected...

Radoon will move from his spot near Pelicanous and move over nearer the two halflings to see if a closer view might yield any more information. He will particularly keep an eye on the halfling who is losing to see if they are somehow cheating together.

OOC - IC is down right now, can't give you a new spot check. Let me know if you'd like one.

Scotley

Hero
Radoon watches the other Halfling and notes that he seems to concentrate very intently on the dice when his partner is rolling and when Pelancanus is rolling, but is pretty off-handed about his own rolls. You don't see anything that looks like a spell being cast, but you've heard that some people can move things with their minds (Psionics).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases