Island Empire, Part IV To face the Lich

Scotley

Hero
"Always glad to share a little wisdom when I can. Now, as for a safe place to stay. That sort of depends on how much coin you have in your sea chest these days. The Golden Lyre up on Admiral's row is the finest establishment in the Border Isles. That's were all the government officials and fleet commanders hang their hats here. The dinner in the tavern is a formal affair so you'll have to spruce up a bit if plan to get something to eat. If you prefer someplace with fewer forks on the table I'd suggest Goodwife Pilson's guest house. It is clean and reasonably priced. She doesn't tolerate foolishness there. No drunks or young bucks allowed. Mind your pleases and thanks yous if you want to stay in her good graces. It's over on Three Steps Alley. 'Bout a block and a half up from Calpernia's Cat House. "

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

"Goodwife Pilson's establishment sound just perfect to me! We should actually be able to get some peace and quiet there."

Scotley

Hero
Having eaten and drank you fill it seems time to set off for bed. It is dark and the streets are poorly lit. Most of you are no doubt feeling the effects of your drinking.

You make your way up from the harbor area and the town becomes increasingly gentrified. In the border isles that means there are fewer blood stains and more of the buildings look like they've seen maintenance in the last century. You pass a garishly lighted establishment with a plethora of mismatched statues of cats in various styles decorating the exterior. Sounds of laughter and perhaps an ongoing tavern brawl emanate from within. You feel eyes watching you from shuttered windows and darkened alleyways, but this night at least the local thugs seem to have determined that you are too dangerous a prize.

You reach an alley which is better lighted and has three steps leading up to it. Figuring you are close to your destination you step over a couple of drunks using the steps as beds and make your way up the alley to a wrought iron gate in the pattern of flowers in a 10' high stone wall. A small courtyard is visible within. There is a lad nodding off on a stool just inside the gate. It is now quite late in the evening.

Lou

Explorer
Zurrik Odeil

Having eaten and drank you fill it seems time to set off for bed. It is dark and the streets are poorly lit. Most of you are no doubt feeling the effects of your drinking.

You make your way up from the harbor area and the town becomes increasingly gentrified. In the border isles that means there are fewer blood stains and more of the buildings look like they've seen maintenance in the last century. You pass a garishly lighted establishment with a plethora of mismatched statues of cats in various styles decorating the exterior. Sounds of laughter and perhaps an ongoing tavern brawl emanate from within. You feel eyes watching you from shuttered windows and darkened alleyways, but this night at least the local thugs seem to have determined that you are too dangerous a prize.

You reach an alley which is better lighted and has three steps leading up to it. Figuring you are close to your destination you step over a couple of drunks using the steps as beds and make your way up the alley to a wrought iron gate in the pattern of flowers in a 10' high stone wall. A small courtyard is visible within. There is a lad nodding off on a stool just inside the gate. It is now quite late in the evening.

Feeling like he's ready for more partying, rather than bed, Zurrik loudly demands: "Young man, vake up." Zurrik taps the gate with his bracers. "Is this the Goodwives Pilzon's Goosehouse? We are in needin' of ledgin for the night! My fiends and I are visitin' this fair whatever-it-is izland, and we ain't sleeping in a bar."

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

Radoon, feeling well the effects of tonight both from his drink and the sharp pain still in his back, hangs his head as Zurrik calls out.

Scotley

Hero
The boy very nearly falls off his stool at the sudden clatter and bombast. Scrambling to his feet he grabs a nearby torch from a bracket and stumbles over to the gate. Blinking he takes in the odd collection of fellows before him. "You seek lodging? At this hour? Mistress doesn't take kindly to drunken revelers I can tell you. If you want to lodge here, you needs must stifle that racket. It is best not to wake the mistress. Have you any bags? A word of advice. Tip Crumpet, the bell boy, even if you don't..." He produces a key and with clumsy hands eventually gets the gate open and ushers you into the courtyard. A brace of mules slumbers nearby in a lean to. From the back of a cart near the mules a huge figure climbs to his feet. The enormous fellow waddles over. Revealed in the lad's torch light is an ogre just clapping a ridiculously small red bellman's cap on his head. "I'll show you to your rooms," he announces in a deep voice as he motions you forward with a massive hand. The lad yawns and passes over his torch. "Thanks Crumpet," he says has he turns to re-lock the gate and return to his stool. The ogre leads you deeper into the courtyard holding aloft the torch that looks more like a match in his hand. It soon becomes clear that there are two buildings on the lot, one a old but elegant three story house surrounded by a columned porch and topped with a widows walk. The other is a somewhat less refined rectangle with two floors. A narrow stair leads to the upper floor and a row of doors that open onto the walkway there. The lower floor also appears to be a row of four rooms each with its own door. The Ogre heads for the stair which creaks ominously under his bulk. "Lower rooms is all took tonight," he rumbles. "You want all four rooms up here?" he asks. Glancing inside you see a spotless chamber simply furnished with a bed, nightstand, desk and chair. A lamp, turned as low as it will go, burns on the nightstand. The linens look freshly laundered and are turned down. A small stove at the foot of the bed is unlit on this warm night. The other rooms are similar. The ogre offers Gnurl a small step ladder and gestures at the rather high bed. "Mistress 'll like as not give you a cut rate if you fill the house at this late hour. 'sumin you don't make too much noise."

Lou

Explorer
Zurrik Odeil

The boy very nearly falls off his stool at the sudden clatter and bombast. Scrambling to his feet he grabs a nearby torch from a bracket and stumbles over to the gate. Blinking he takes in the odd collection of fellows before him. "You seek lodging? At this hour? Mistress doesn't take kindly to drunken revelers I can tell you. If you want to lodge here, you needs must stifle that racket. It is best not to wake the mistress. Have you any bags? A word of advice. Tip Crumpet, the bell boy, even if you don't..." He produces a key and with clumsy hands eventually gets the gate open and ushers you into the courtyard.

"Shorry for the noize. Wake me if vere ish any trouble. I'm a fight, uh, L...l...light sleeper." Zurrik presses a silver piece into his palm before following the ogre Crumpet.

From the back of a cart near the mules a huge figure climbs to his feet. The enormous fellow waddles over. Revealed in the lad's torch light is an ogre just clapping a ridiculously small red bellman's cap on his head. "I'll show you to your rooms," he announces in a deep voice as he motions you forward with a massive hand.

The ogre leads you deeper into the courtyard holding aloft the torch that looks more like a match in his hand. It soon becomes clear that there are two buildings on the lot, one a old but elegant three story house surrounded by a columned porch and topped with a widows walk. The other is a somewhat less refined rectangle with two floors. A narrow stair leads to the upper floor and a row of doors that open onto the walkway there. The lower floor also appears to be a row of four rooms each with its own door. The Ogre heads for the stair which creaks ominously under his bulk. "Lower rooms is all took tonight," he rumbles. "You want all four rooms up here?" he asks.

"Yesh we do. Thank you Crumpit." Zurrik tips him a silver piece. "And quiet it is." Zurrik holds a finger to his lips.

Turning to the others Zurriks says, "Night all. See you at daybreak. Good thing pur cleric buddy sleeps on his boat." before closing his door as quietly as possible, dropping his seabag on the floor and falling across the bed. Zurrik mumbles to himself, "Too bad this bed only has my sword in it and not a warm woman."

OOC: Zurrik only sleeps two hours a night, but I expect the alcohol will likely add to that.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases