Monster Builder Contest on WotC Forums

mudbunny

Community Supporter
Thanks to Morrus and the rest of the mod team for allowing me to post this.

DDI Monster Builder Contest

Note that the official thread for this is on the official WotC forums

Now that the beta for the Monster Builder has been released, it is time to have a little fun with it, courtesy of your friendly DDI Community Team.

The goal of the contest is simple: Stat out the DDI Community Team (WotC_Trevor, Mudbunny, Wolfstar76, Kouk, Cart_Sprinter and AsmodeusLore) with the Monster Builder. The rules are pretty simple:

1. WotC_Trevor must be an elite or solo;
  2. Mudbunny cannot be a minion; and
  3. Wolfstar76, Kouk, Cart_Sprinter and AsmodeusLore cannot be elites or solos.

To help you in your endeavours, your DDI community team (with the exception of Trevor) will do our best to answer questions you have in order to stat us out. Try to be creative in the questions that you are asking us!! I know that I won't be answering questions like "would you prefer to use the 7th level power from monster X or the 10th level from monster Y."

There are a number of categories in which people will be eligible for entry:

1. Individual stats;
  2. Encounter stats; and
  3. Encounter Background.

Individual Stats - This is pretty explanatory. Stat up each member of the DDI CM team as a monster, following the rules listed above. Each member of the CM team will pick the entry that they feel fits them the best.

Encounter Stats - This will go towards the person that best puts together an encounter group for the CM team. Don't worry about XP budgets. Theme and overall coolness are what you want to be looking at here. For this, each member of the team will pick their favourite, and then the 6 options will be put forward to the community to choose a final winner.

Encounter Background - Here is where you describe, in a couple of paragraphs, how the group came together.

Here is the important part - YOU CAN ONLY WIN ONCE. We will start with the Encounter background. The winner of that part of the contest will have their entries removed from the remaining portions. We will then move onto the Encounter stats. That winner will have their entries removed from the remaining portions.

Start now designing your monsters and encounter, but do not post them. An official contest entry thread that will describe how to enter will be posted (on the WotC forums) when UnCon starts, which will be near the end of September/beginning of October.

You will be able to submit one entry for each category, and one entry for each member of the CM team. If you submit more than one entry for a category, only the first entry per category will be judged. The others will disappear like Trevor on DDI Update Day.

I will be monitoring this thread regularly if there are any questions. Also, the DDI CM team is pretty thick-skinned, so feel free to have fun with this!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases