Malvoisin's Dungeonaday Playtest [PFRPG][IC]

Malvoisin

First Post
Zooey begins to painstakingly make a circuit of the room's perimeter, slowly walking so as to see if she might notice something that Anundr had missed. Her efforts pay off when she realizes that one of the empty torch sconces in the north wall looks slightly askew. A quick tug on the sconce reveals that it is in fact a lever, and once pulled, a sescret door pivots easily and quietly open, revealing a corridor that runs twenty feet north, before ending in another stone wall.

Close examination of the pool reveals that it has a raised stone lip around its edge. The water within is about a foot deep, and looks surprisingly pure and clear. Nathan, using his sorcerous abilities, detects a faint aura of Divination from the waters.

Anundr, meanwhile, edges a bit further down the southernmost eastern passage. He gets close enough that his torch illuminates the room beyond more fully. The furnishings in the room are old and rotted, and there doesn't appear to be anything of value within. There are two doors, however. The one to the north looks ordinary enough, but the southern door is unusual, appearing to be made of blue-tinged steel.

Lv1091709A.jpg

Rhun

First Post
Anundr returns to report to his companions. "The immediate area looks secure. Doors on all sides, which should muffle any ordinary sounds we might make."

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan frowns. "Huh. Water's got some kind of divining powers," he says "Doesn't mean it's not cursed, mind you, but maybe it was originally part of an oracle."

His attention shifts as the secret door swings open. "Ah, looks like I'm not the only one finding things out with a good look."

As Anundr reports on the door, the sorcerer rubs his hands together and winks. "Well, if we're all all quiet 'round the halls, let's see what's behind the secret door, shall we?"

G

Guest 11456

Zooey

The rogue moves the sconce back to its original position in order to close the secret passage. Then she returns to searching the rest of the wall. Once she has finished the wall search she will thoroughly check each of the doors for traps.

OOC: Continuing to take 20 on perception checks for 24.

GlassEye

Adventurer
As Anundr seems to have dismissed his complaint, Iradias lets it rest. Besides, Nathan's information has firmly seized his interest. "Divination? And you detected no hint of a curse?" He settles onto the floor and stares at the water as Zooey and Anundr move about the room. Iradias twitches then raises the silver crescent symbol of his goddess to his forehead. Sitting up straighter and closing his eyes he begins to sing in a very soft voice. After a moment his song dies from raspy whisper to silence. He opens his eyes, looks mournfully at the pool, and stands. Quietly he says, "If it were a test, I fear I've failed it."

Rhun

First Post
Anundr's foot tap impatiently as he waits for the others to finish their searches and their inspection of the pool. The northman was anxious, ready for a fight. He took a deep breath to calm his nerves, and continued to look about, keeping an eye open for possible threats.

Malvoisin

First Post
The rogue moves the sconce back to its original position in order to close the secret passage. Then she returns to searching the rest of the wall. Once she has finished the wall search she will thoroughly check each of the doors for traps.

OOC: Continuing to take 20 on perception checks for 24.

Zooey detects nothing further along the walls, nor does she find any traps on any of the doors. However...

[sblock=Zooey]...she does hear some faint noises, almost like scratching, coming from both of the northward-leading doors in the northeast portion of the room.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Iradias paces, abruptly turning every few steps so that his cassock swirls about his ankles. As he does so he talks to himself. "Is it a test? Am I to exercise wisdom and refrain from exposing myself to the dangers of the pool? Or, courageously daring the dangers, will I be granted insight from my goddess?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Raven

"We should at least wait for the girl, before we take any risks. Zooey seems to think we are in immediate danger. Look how careful she does the search." Raven says pointing at Zooey.

[sblock=OOC] Take 20 every step looks a bit like overkill...[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Anundr remains quiet, finding idle chatter to be of little use. He simply remains vigilant, torch on one hand, sword in the other.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases