Sculpting Mi-Go

Gospog

First Post
I couldn't find any Fungi from Yuggoth for my last CoC D20 game, so I had to sculpt some. Actually, I stole the wings from some plastic bats. Everything else is green stuff over a wire frame.

Take a look:

http://gospog.tripod.com/mi-go1.jpg

http://gospog.tripod.com/mi-go2.jpg

http://gospog.tripod.com/mi-go3.jpg

Unfortuneately, I use Tripod, so you'll have to Copy and Paste the URLS into your browsers' Address window. If anyone wants to host these pics and re-post them ,feel free.

Feedback always appreciated.

Thorntangle

First Post
Very nice, Gospog. One of the things I really like is that you are adventurous with the greenstuff. If you don't have a mini in your inventory, you don't just substitute with another mini, you just sit down and crank out a new one.

Gospog

First Post
Thanks, everyone!

And in explanation (to Thorntangle) of my adventurous ways:

One of my other hobbies is miniature wargames. I've been into it almost as long as RPGs. In wargames, it becomes important for your opponent to be able to look at one of your models and see what that model is carrying (ie, heavy weapon, magic item, special armor, etc...). In the 1990's, I played in >way too many< games against an opponent who decided his mini's didn't need to exactly represent what they had. I lost a lot of games that way.

It drove me nuts!!! (so there's your explanation for most of my behavior) It still does! I know yelling at others to convert thier mini's is a waste of time, so I promised myself that I would lead by example. Now I go to extremes to make sure "what you see is what you get".

Anyway, to make a long story boring, that attitude has carried over into RPGs for me. And it's really added a cool 3-D element to my games.

The end. ;)

Gizzard

First Post
I've been trying to get the hang of scuplting with GreenStuff. For filling in crevices and resculpting thin layers of stuff (fur etc) it seems pretty straightforward. But doing what you have done with Mi-Go is sort of a different thing. So:

How big is Mi-Go?
What did you use for the wire in the wire frame?
Does each little tentacle/claw have a single wire in it or is it more complex than that?
What sort of tools do you have for scultping?
I was thinking of building up complex scupltures in layers, have you tried this or is it "all in one go".

Thanks for whatever tips you can give.

alsih2o

First Post
i am dying to see what you have done, but when i push the link button it just says " this x hosted by tripod" with no pic???

Gospog

First Post
alsih2o'

Unfortuneately, I use Tripod, so you'll have to Copy and Paste the URLS into your browsers' Address window.

If anyone wants to host these pics and re-post them ,feel free.

Great job on being smoke free!!! :)

Gospog

First Post
smkun,

Thanks for the tip!

Unfortunately, I don't make any money off websites, so I can't justify spending money on websites (even $5).

But I'll take a look. It's got to be better than Tripod! ;)

(edited after reviewing the post)

Last edited:

Remove ads