a few oldies from the BOZ-man

Devon

First Post
the Urd

Yes, it was in the Monstrous Manual (which was my only source of baddies for quite awhile).

I don't know where the typo would have first appeared... it could also have been that the King was supposed to have had 4 Hit Dice, but they said hit points instead. I'll trust your Monstrous Compendium I. : )

Devon

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Re: ah, the Urd

Devon said:
I remember having a good time with the Urd in 2e... they were flying kobolds with many more hit points. I then discovered that the 2-3 HD entry was likely a typo, and that they had meant 2-3 hit points, as it went on to state that their king would have a full 4 hit points.

Now that we have the 3e rules, it makes more sense to have them as slightly more powerful than normal kobolds, then adding class levels to generate their King and other leaders.

- Devon

ok, finally remembered to check this one out. i compared the Monstrous Manual (where the urds really just get a few lines of type) to the full page entry in Monstrous Compendium #2, and they both say about the same thing. standard urds have 2-5 hit dice (not hit points, read it carefully). subcheiftains rule every 20 urds, and they have 7 hit points. cheiftains rule every flock of 100 or more urds, and they have 10 hit points.

Ferret

Explorer
Re: URDS

It's advised that Races have +-2 on their stats - on a 11 means they have no -'s but +1 on a 11 is +1 to stats. but using +-2 on stats means always a -+1 in the appropriate skill/feat/whatever

Remove ads